Monday, May 18, 2009

Kwerner Color Inspiration #52



This is the card I made for the latest Kwerner Color Challenge. I LOVE this card! I think this is my favorite card that I have made so far. I think I want to make more using different colors. I wasn't sure about the colors in this color challenge but I am really digging them after completing my card. Especially the Baja Breeze and More Mustard together. I would have never put those together but they look great.

One of the colors called for was sand... I don't have any sand paper (I have sand paper but no paper called sand). :-) On my computer, the color looks like a light gray so I used my PTI Soft Stone. I wanted to put dots on that part of the flower so I had to use my Smokey Shadow ink from PTI. I also used some Dark Chocolate to sponge. I HAVE to sponge... and I always use brown. Hope none of these adjustments keep me from playing! :-)


Supply List:
Stamps - Everyday Words by Ali Edwards (Technique Tuesday), Polka Dot Basics, Faux Ribbon (both PTI)
Paper - Stampers Select White, Soft Stone, Lemon Tart (all PTI), Baja Breeze, More Mustard (both SU)
Ink - Baja Breeze, More Mustard (both SU), Smokey Shadow (PTI), Dark Chocolate for sponging (PTI)
Other - Brad, Sizzix Flower Layers Die


Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Oh I love the background Kelley! Really cute. I love the card below too! How you off see the flower and used ribbon looks really good!

I do need to have you over soon don't I?

Maureen P said...

Love the sentiments on this! So cheerful :)

Patricia Chalas said...

I love the sentiment and It looks so cheerfully!!!!

Jennifer said...

Great job on the challenge....love your card! =)

Mona Pendleton said...

Great job with that color challenge as well! I don't have anything remotely close to Baha Breeze so I can't play:( Kudos to you!:) I hope you make the Top 10 in at least one of the challenges!

Traveling Mama said...

Very sweet! Love how you used the colors!

Mimi said...

Very pretty!

Winter said...

Cute! I love the flower!

Unknown said...

Just Fabulous! I love the flower and the background!

Amanda Winkelman said...

OH MY! I love this card.....it is so stinkin' cute! Way to go, girl! I have these words, and have not used them yet! You have truly inspired me!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Your card has such a relaxed summer feel to it. Fabulous job on the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Amy said...

Cute card! Love the scripty text as a background and all the patterns on your flower layers.