Saturday, October 24, 2009

Raspberry Suite #18



I love playing with Dawn's color challenges! I look forward to when a new one is posted! I love color but sometimes struggle with putting more than two colors together so I sometimes look back at the colors that Dawn puts together for inspiration! Where do you guys get your color inspiration from? Challenges? or are you just good at mixing colors? Any tips would be much appreciated! :)

This is my card for the latest challenge. I wanted to play with the In Bloom set since I have only used it once (I think) since I have gotten it. Of course I was late at jumping on the In Bloom wagon but am glad that I finally did.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Saturday. I am posting this about 9:30 pm and I am already exhausted. We have had a very long day today! We went to the pumpkin patch, Gentry's Farm, this morning in Franklin. Once we got home, I put Carver down for a nap and then it was off to my parents house to have an early dinner with my dads side of the family. Man... I am still stuffed!! My mom is a great cook and there is always so much food. This year, she did actually let my aunts bring food which was also very good!! I don't think I will even eat at all tomorrow. I don't think I will need to!

Anyway... Michael and Carver stayed behind, when I went to my parents, since Carver was running a low fever yesterday. Don't want to take a chance on getting any of the kids sick. He hasn't had a fever at all today so that means we can go to church tomorrow.

I will post some pictures of our trip to the pumpkin patch/farm later on. I am too tired right now to look through them all!

Peace and Love!!

Supplies:
Stamps - In Bloom, Background Basics Retro (PTI)
Paper - Kraft, Vintage Cream, Raspberry Fizz, New Leaf (PTI)
Ink - Dark Chocolate, Raspberry Fizz (PTI)
Other - SU Dimensionals, Rhinestone, Embossed Curve Punch (EK Success), Jute Twine (PTI)

19 comments:

Winter said...

SO PRETTY! I love that flower! I too, get my inspirations from Dawns cards too! She is so good with color combos, and I am not! :) Thank You for being one of those Mom's that keep their kids away from other kids until they are well! I do that too, my kids end up getting it from the kids who are sent to school sick! :)

Ashley M said...

I posted my card after a day at the pumpkin farm too! He! Love your card! It is beautiful! Dawn's challenges are always great to get me out of my comfort zone.

naomi chokr said...

oh its that stamp is so perfect for this challenge!!! good job!!

Jane said...

GORGEOUS! You pop these babies out like there's no tomorrow!!!!!!

Vanessa said...

Perfect! I would have no idea how to use these colours! Love this stamp set...
Can`t wait to see your pumpkin patch photos!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Lucy Abrams said...

What a beautiful card - so so pretty and elegant.

Elise said...

Hi, CUTE KELLEY! You crack me up! This card is FLAWLESS! So well done! Seriously, this looks truly Dawn~worthy to me! GORGEOUS! I would never have known that you are more comfortable with less color! I'm the opposite! I'm a student of the color wheel {at my core!} so I'm always thinking COMPLIMENTARY color, first, and then color ORDER/ how they appear on the color wheel... and then there is just the intuition to the "families of color".. ie, are they "earth" or "bright".... yeah, I'm a student of color! Sorry you asked? hee hee I'm glad you did though.. It's fun to read about everyone's "process!"

In other news - CAN'T wait to see your pictures from the patch! I'm sure they are fabulous! Hope your boy is himself in time for church and a nice, relaxing Sunday! Enjoy!

Nancy L. said...

very pretty!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Kelly!!! This is stunning!! WOWZA! Great work!! :) Thanks for the inspiration!!

Mary J said...

I love the way you've kept the colours really fresh - fab job!

Daniela F. said...

Wonderful card, Kelley!! I especially love your soft distressing and the retro pattern on the white layer :)

Taheerah said...

I love the twine accent! Got my In Bloom stamp set arriving any day now so you're weren't the last one to jump on its wagon! I can't wait to play!

Scrapping Julie said...

oh, this is soooo pretty!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful job with the challenge, Kelley!

Maile Belles said...

Gorgeous! Glad to see you using In Bloom, has to be one of my favorite sets. Can't wait to see pumpkin pics. We did our pumpkin patch trip today and it was crazy busy, but Isaiah had a blast!

Cat said...

This is a really pretty card Kelley and I love how you have used the challenge colours in this card. As for colour inspiration my favourite way is challenges and then card magazines, I also look at papers for colours as well. I hope Carver is feeling better.:)

Andrea M said...

Lovely card! The layout is so CAS and gorgeous :) Great job. Thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

I love this card, Kelly!!! Great design! I get my color inspirations mainly from magazines. Pottery Barn for instance has great images and they're so stylish. I love going to Barnes & Noble just to browse through books and magazines when I see a color combo I write it down. Home Depot is also great... I usually bring home a few color swatches from their paint section. Thanks again for sharing. :)

Stephanie said...

this is so pretty, Kelley!! love the retro border along the side paired with the embossed curve punch!! this card makes me think of Dawn - so it's definitely perfect for her challenge :)