Sunday, April 17, 2011

Today I am....

 years old! How time flies!! :)

I have had a great day today! My hubby and son surprised me with a card and this today....


I saw this a while ago at Target and was joking with the hubby that he could get me that for my bday. Of course... I wanted it but we usually don't make a big deal out of our birthdays (just Carvers) so I was surprised that he had gone back to get it! I need to hang it where I can see it everyday! Sometimes I need a reminder to keep calm and carry on! :) Hmmmm... now that I think about it... maybe that is why Michael went back to get it... I am sure he thinks the same thing! Ha!!

We had a great worship and message today at church. The teenagers sang Happy Birthday to me which was really sweet! I love having a Sunday birthday! I get to go and be surrounded by some of my favorite people/family in the world! Granna and Poppy gave me a package of powdered donuts in Sunday School for my breakfast.. yum! :) They know I love powdered donuts!

After church, we went to my parents house to celebrate my birthday, my mom's birthday (later in the month), and the kids had an Easter Egg hunt. We had a great time being with my family! My mom always makes your favorite foods on your birthday so I am completely stuffed and about to fall asleep! :)

I have had a ton of HB day facebook messages which I am still in the process of replying to! This is my first birthday since joining facebook!! Those messages really make your day even more special!

Oh... and Carver has sang Happy Birthday to me at least 7 times today! :) He sang it to me 3 times in a row this morning and gave me something from his room each time as my present. AND... every time he sang it... I was instructed to stare at him the whole time and smile! :) Bossy!! Wonder who he gets that from? :) (me if you don't know me well enough to know that.. ha)

Well.. that is all! I just wanted to share a little about my day today! Hope you are having a great day!! Thanks for stopping by!!

14 comments:

G Peplow said...

Oh! A Very Happy Birthday to you Kelly, I hope you have a wonderful day, How exciting, big Hugs:0) xxx

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Happy BIRTHDAY!!!!! It sounds like you have had a wonderful day with you family!!!

Hugs
Stephanie

Sarah Craig said...

Happy birthday, sweet girl!!! And I love your sign - I have a very similar one hanging in my studio, except it substitutes "quilt" for "carry"......

Lisa Petrella said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KELLEY!!! Sounds like you're having a wonderful day----so great to hear that!!! And I LOVE that quote on your b-day present! I think we can all use that as a little reminder now and then *wink*!

Sandy Ang said...

Happy Birthday Kelly ! How sweet that Carter sang to you seven times.

It's Jenn! said...

Happy birthday Kelley! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful day!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Happy birthday, Kelley!! Glad you had such a special day! Blessings to you today and always:) Celebrate YOU!!! Psalm 118:24

Karen B. said...

Hope you had a really really great birthday, Kelley, that little C sounds just adorable!

Bananastamper said...

Happy Birthday girl! So glad to hear you had a great day! Love the wall hanging!

Stephanie said...

Hey Kelley!!!! Happy Happy Birthday :) I think after 34 you're supposed to count backwards...at least that's what I planning come June!

I'm so glad to be 'back' although it's a bit difficult to get into a routine. I did keep up on my Google Reader and golly girl, you're still impressing with all of that talent!! Hope you are enjoying life and all is well!

Betty Wright said...

Hoping you have a Fabulous Birthday and Blessings for a Wonderful Year! Happy Birthday, Kelley!

Andy said...

Loved your blog very much. Hope you enjoyed a lot on your birthday.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Happy belated birthday, Kelley! It looks like you had a moxie fab day! ;)

cards by cara said...

Happy belated bday!! I just made some cards with this sentiment that I spelled out in alpha stamps - love this saying! Check out my blog to see them, if you like. I think we all need to remember this sometimes so we can enjoy life a bit more.