Friday, July 23, 2010

Color Play




Happy Friday night! Carver is sleeping and I am planning to do nothing but craft for a little while!

Michael comes home tomorrow and I am very excited!! So is Carver. He has talked about it all day long!

I worked till 2am last night trying to clean up some. Tonight... it is nothing but crafting (and a little laundry)!! Woo Hoo!

Okay... so the cards. These are a few cards that I submitted this last call to Paper Crafts. They were all for the Color Play section of the mag.! None of them were picked and so... here they are!

So I said yesterday that we had someone coming over today. Well... it was an appraiser because we are hoping to refinance our house. It was a lady. She was super nice and we figured out while she was here that she went to school with Michael and my brother, Chris!

Well... she was getting up in our attic and Carver says "Your butt is big!". I covered his mouth and he had said it so low that I was hoping she didn't hear. He ran into the living room and yelled, "Your butt is big!"!! I was horrified and I also wanted to bust a gut laughing! That boy... I swear! He is a mess!

He had said that to me earlier this week. He said he heard it on TV! Anyway... I think she took it okay but... we may get a really low appraisal now! :) We had a discussion about how it was rude, etc. Hopefully that will be the last time I hear that from his mouth but I am afraid that it won't be!

Well... I am going to go craft now!

Peace and Love!

Supplies: Butterfly Hello
Stamps - Butterfly Effect by Unity, Essential Messages by Hero Arts
Paper - Lemon Tart, Sweet Blush, Spring Moss and Melon Berry by Papertrey
Ink - Melon Berry by Papertrey, Tuxedo Black by Tsukineko
Other - Stickles by Ranger, SU corner rounder, Doodlebug Jewel

Supplies: Buttons Hello
Stamps - Essential Messages by Hero Arts
Paper - Sweet Blush by Papertrey
Ink- Versamark by Tsukineko
Other - White emboss powder by Superior, SU Corner rounder, Papertrey buttons

Supplies: Happy Bday
Stamps - Essential Messages from Hero Arts
Paper - Sweet Blush, Lemon Tart, and Spring Moss by Papertrey
Ink- VersaMark by Tsukineko
Other- Melon Berry button and ribbon by Papertrey, SU Dimensionals, Twine by Papertrey, White emboss powder by Superior, Harlequin Emboss Plate by SU

7 comments:

Alice said...

these are so sweet, Kelley! love the button one!!

Ann said...

Oooh, I love that glittery butterfly! And Carver is TOO funny!

Karen B. said...

Well all of these are fabulous creations, but that button on steals my heart! Those little ones sure say what is on their mind, eh? Sounds like you handled it to a T, with no loss in your stride.

Alanna said...

Cute cards and gosh, don't kids just say the darndest things?

Kathy Martin said...

Simply fun and fabulous! :)

Sarah Craig said...

Those are lovely cards! Especially your trademark butterfly....

It's hard to know what to do with kids when they do something like that, isn't it? Hopefully she won't hold it against you..... ;-)

Janelle said...

Oh, that Carver. Man, you just never know what is going to come out of a kid's mouth, do you?! And, really, that is part of the charm -- but civilizing them sure can take a lot out of a mom & dad!
I just caught up on your last three posts, so cute cards -- and very "Kelley", which, of course, I love to see! You sure are doing a great job of coloring the rubber stamps with markers. Especially on the jar one, which must've been pretty hard considering how close together everything was. And, I think it definitely qualifies as fun & cute!
Hope your air is working fabulously now -- it sure has been a hot summer! Stay cool... (in every way)