Saturday, May 30, 2009

Rock Star



I made this card the other night to submit for Papertrey's Guest Star Stamper. I don't think I will actually get chosen but... it is fun to dream, right? I am just so thrilled to not be hoarding my stuff any longer. Thanks blogland!! You keep me creating!

When I saw this particular star stamp and the sentiment, I knew I had to make another raspberry fizz and black card. These colors always make me think of my niece, Libby. She is a rock star!!

I don't know what my fascination is lately with tearing my paper/cardstock!?!?!

On a personal note, I have a prayer request.

My sister-in-law, Brandy, is a very private person and I want to honor her wishes (of not posting about this) but I also believe in the power of prayer. Not to say that Brandy doesn't... she is just a private person where I am... not so much. :-)

My nephew,Dylan, is autistic/special needs. Dylan had some corrective surgery on his feet last night. Surgery went well (thank you God) but he is going to have to stay off his feet for four weeks. This is going to be an exhausting four weeks (and longer) for my brother and SIL. Not to mention the toll it is going to take on my sweet nephew. Dylan is very active and a big six year old.

I would appreciate any prayers you could offer up for them over the next couple of months. I ask that you pray for strength and wisdom for my brother and SIL. I ask that you pray for comfort, peace, and healing for Dylan. I ask that you pray for my niece, Paige, that she will be comforted during this difficult time for her brother. Lastly, I ask that you pray for wisdom for the rest of the family... that we will know how to help them. Thank you for your prayers!

And... if you are in my family... you didn't read this on my blog! :-) Shhhh...

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

Stamp supplies: Stamps - Star Prints (PTI) Paper - Raspberry Fizz, Stampers Select White (both PTI), Rockstar Mat Stack (DCWV) Ink - True Black (PTI), VersaMark Other - Fiskars Star Punch, Tim Holtz Edge Distresser

2 comments:

Carly said...

Hi Kelley, your card is lovely! My fingers will be crossed for you and the PTI guest spot. And my prayers are with you and your family. Take care, Carly

Lynnette said...

What a fun card. I have benefited from starting a blog too. I am creating more and loving it!

I will be praying for your family. What a difficult situation, but we know the Lord can sustain them.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and keep creating (and not hoarding..hehee!)