Saturday, May 2, 2009

Stamp Index

Several months ago, I threw this stamp index together. I have so many stamps that I can't remember every image. To make projects easier, I stamped each image on paper and put them together in page protectors and secured them together with binder rings. I just add to it when I get a new stamp set. This index helps me to find an image I want to use on a card, etc. This system has worked well for me but I decided that I wanted to make it a little neater.

I purchased a big binder and am in the process of re stamping all of my images. This time I am stamping them all in black and giving each stamp set it's own page. I may have to purchase another big binder. This one is filling up quickly and I am not anywhere near done. I think this means that I have too many stamps. Nah... what am I saying? You can never have too many stamps.
I also have index sheets for my ink pads. I chose one stamp and stamped each color with that stamp. I wrote the color underneath so I could easily identify the ink color I want to use. I have different sheets for the different brands of ink that I have. Basically Stampin Up and Papertrey. My Stampin Up sheets are divided into their color families.

I have a couple of sheets of colored paper (doesn't show up well on white paper), also in the index, that I have used all of my punches on. I went around the edges of the paper and used each punch. This makes it easy for me to see what punches I have and what size circle punch (for example) I need to use to fit a certain image.

The newest thing that I am adding to my new binder is the tip sheets from Papertrey Ink. You can print off a tip sheet for each of their stamp sets. These tip sheets give you suggestions on how to use your images. I have found that a lot of the suggestions they give are things that I wouldn't have thought of on my own. I am putting each tip sheet behind it's stamp set. I already had all the tip sheets printed but had them somewhere else. I think this will help me to look at the tip sheet each time I use an image from a particular stamp set since they will be together.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: