Friday, June 11, 2010

Can't think of a good title!




Happy Friday! Wanted to post the rest of the cards that I made recently for the CARDS call. I ended up making another one while C was napping yesterday. It is not a fav of mine... I should know better than to try to rush a card or even make one when I wasn't really in the card making mood. Anyway... I am sure you can tell which one I am talking about! :)

So... I would be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed this morning! The top 15 Gallery Idol ladies were announced today and I was not one of them. I am having lots of mixed emotions! Most of me is okay with it. I didn't expect to win the whole thing anyway... so the top 20 was enough for me. Of course I would have loved to move ahead and I think the feeling of rejection... like you get when you don't get that email for PC or CARDS when you submit your work... is what I am feeling!

What makes me feel better... even though this sounds bad... is the other 4 ladies that were also rejected. Some wonderful and well recognized card makers in the 5 that are not moving on so ... that helps a little with the sting! :) I am sure they are feeling the same as me right now so ... that doesn't make me feel better!

I am very happy for the 15 remaining and wish them all the best! I mean... eventually I will be happy for the 15 remaining and wish them all the best! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Okay.... so enough about that!

Sent my son and hubby to Pump It Up this morning and I have lots to do while they are gone so I had better get after it!

I wanted to post the last of my made cards real quick and say that now that this Idol competition is over... it will be a little more quiet for a while longer on here. The competition got me distracted from my mission for an organized and clean home (that and the fact that I am having some health issues and not feeling real well). Anyway... time for me to suck it up and get back at it!

I think I am having a kidney stone issue but the doc thinks it is either a bladder infection or a cyst on my kidney. The antibiotic he gave me is not helping yet so I am going with a kidney stone since it feels like what I experienced the first time I had a kidney stone... or at least thought I did! Whew... did you get all of that? Whatever the case... I go back in a couple of weeks to see if I am still having issues and then we will take it from there. If I don't end up in the ER with severe pain before then to find out it is indeed a kidney stone! :) TMI? :)

Okay... well... I am exhausted... physically and verbally.. ha! Talk to you all sometime soon!

Peace and Love!

Supplies: Giving Thanks
Stamps - Autumn Harvest (SU), Vintage Picnic Sentiments (PTI)
Paper - Kraft and White (PTI, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive (SU), Dotty Biscotti (PTI)
Ink - True Black (PTI), Distress (Ranger)
Other - corner rounder, Doodlebug Jewels, SU Ribbon

Supplies: Tag
Stamps - Autumn Harvest (SU)
Paper -Ripe Avocado, White, Kraft and Dark Chocolate (PTI)
Ink - Distress (Ranger)
Other - Labels 4 Nesties, Twine (PTI), Doodlebug Jewels

Supplies: No sentiment card
Stamps - Giggle Grove (Unity), Background Basics Retro (PTI)
Paper - Kraft, Terracotta Tile, Ripe Avocado (PTI), More Mustard (SU)
Ink - Distress (Ranger), Versamark
Other - Twine (PTI), corner rounder, Kaiser rhinestones

14 comments:

Anita Rex said...

Kelley I am so sorry that you didn't go farther in Gallery Idol. It's really too bad, you were in good company of who didn't go farther for sure. I was surprised by some! It is hard not to be sad. I am sorry. I am alarmed for your health though. I wonder what it is, I hope it's the least worst one. I pray for healing. As I say to my kids, Pain Go Healing Flow in Jesus name. Lovely cards today. BYW Has Carver been sleeping better, longer in the morning?

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Hey, Kelley:) I am sorry you didn't make it--I was super shocked! I think you are FAB and you create some AWESOME cards and projects:) I always know when I see your cards--your style just jumps at us:) I understand your sadness--I feel that way about lots of things....you should be proud of your work and how far you've come! Praise God that His gift is being used and shared with the world [through the internet]!!! I think of you often--praying for healing:)

Congrats SUPER STAR! Keep working hard and for God's Glory!! Love, Sav

ps...I finally found out how to send songs MP3 style!! Gateway came out with another AWESOME CD! YIKES! I might have to send them to you if you haven't heard them:) Lots of LOVE:)

papertrails leaver said...

Hey Kelly! I know how the "sting" feels and it's never easy to accept but know you are a super talented lady and your work is very much adored. Truthfully, not sure which card you don't like so much. I like them all! I hope the kidney situation ? clears up soon with the antibiotics. I despise being ill and know how it sucks a huge portion of your life away while you suffer in pain trying to go about your day. Good luck with the organizing and cleaning. Don't over do it!

Karen B. said...

I think craft stores (i.e. major retailers) should take a hint from your blog and start manufacturing white pumpkins with orange/gold rhinestones on them. They are fabulous and perfectly fall-ish! Ooh, darn kidney stones, I related the pain being worse than childbirth, I hope you take care of yourself and get well soon.

Jennifer said...

Great cards! I need to get out some of my old sets and play again! (= Hope you are feeling better soon! (=

Ann said...

Such cute cards, Kelley! I love the paper piecing on the kraft.

Sorry you didn't move on in the competition, although I agree you're in great company with the others who were eliminated. Hold you head high for you will always be a Gallery Idol Top 20...not many people can say that! Love you! :D

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Great cards as always. So sorry you did not make the next round don't feel bad about your feelings it's hard sometimes and you gave it a shot that's more than I did!!!you are a fabulous cardmaker I love your stuff!!!Get some RR and feel better soon!!!

Alice said...

so sorry that you are not feeling well. hope you get some rest and feel better soon. your cards are so cute!! love those pumpkins! so you! lovely!! =)

Kathy Martin said...

We can't win 'em all, huh? Most important is you entered and played along and you will win another time!

Great fall card and tags!

Kryssi said...

Hi Kelley......... I'm at a loss for words... I was SHOCKED to see the list of 5 who didn't move on -- all accomplished, published artists!!! Truly shocking. You already know I adore your work, so keep your head up high! Be proud!

I hope you resolve your health issues soon as well! Praying for you! Hugs!!!

Regina Mangum said...

Kelley, younger so talented and such an inspiration. I,m sorry we couldn't all move on! I hope you feel better soon! Big hug!

Laura Isham said...

I am so sorry to see that you didn't move on in the Idol competition! I was shocked when I didn't see your name, actually! Another shock was not seeing Latisha Yoast's name! Crazy! Well, I find your work very inspiring and absolutely love your style.

By the way, I absolutely couldn't tell which card you "forced." They are all beautiful.

Get well soon. I wish you a pain-free recovery!

Janelle said...

After a couple days of mid-90's, I was ready for some crisp fall cards -- thanks for obliging! I was so disappointed for you when I checked the idol contest. Such a bummer -- yet so proud of you for being in the top 20. Yes, I can certainly relate to your conflicted feelings. :)
Now -- take care of yourself! Don't push yourself too hard, OK?! Organized is good, but not at the expense of your health -- so take it easy! Lots of hugs to you!

Cindy Lee said...

I'm sorry that you did not make it to the next level. I know how it feels when you get rejected. But you are doing great! Really! You've been a source of insipiration to most of us...so keep doing that :) Hope you'll feel better soon!