Sunday, June 20, 2010

Look Up


Happy early Sunday! It is a little past midnight. My son is hopefully sound asleep at my in-laws. My husband is sound asleep up in the bonus room. I am waiting on our bedding to dry so we can get in the bed.

Michael had his 20 year class reunion tonight. He got home this afternoon from his mission trip and he took Carver over to my in-laws for the night. We had a good time... Michael more so than me of course since I didn't really know everyone. I knew who a lot of them were because when I was younger, I would look through my brothers yearbooks all the time. Thankfully my sister-in-law and brother were there too. My SIL, Brandy, and I stuck close together all night so... that was good.

Anyway... I have worked on making a lot of cards this week (after C was in the bed for the night) for some calls. I have made a ton and even if I get a few selected for publication... I will have plenty to post for a while! :) It has been fun to play with my stamps. I find that I like the less specific card calls the best. It allows me to just pick a stamp set and play with it... no real rules except deciding if it will be a Thank you, Birthday, etc.! It has been some much needed stress relief at night!

People keep telling me that I am going to have to start going to bed when Carver goes to bed. While I agree somewhat... I wonder if the people telling me these things really understand what it is like to not have ANY 'me time'! I mean.... I don't go to work everyday or even a couple of times a week. I stay home all day and all night and I am mommy 24/7. Staying up late to make cards is a way that I feel I am still Kelley and not just mommy! Anyway.... I do seriously need to get in the bed earlier at least a few times a week and will start working on that this week.

Just rambling now so I guess I will go!

This card is one that I made for a submission but when I took it outside earlier today to take a pic of it... I noticed that I had smudged some vintage cream ink in a few places on the card base. So... not going to be submitting this one. I wasn't extremely happy with this card to begin with.... except for the fact that it was made using my favorite stamp set from Practicing Creativity Designs!

Okay... just heard the dryer cut off! Night night!

Peace and Love!

Supplies:
Stamps - Look Up (PCD)
Paper - White (PTI), Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet and Summer Sunrise (PTI)
Ink - True Black (PTI), Distress (Ranger), Frost White (Colorbox)
Other - Stickles (Ranger), Rhinestones (My Minds Eye), Cloud dies (PTI), Felt (PTI), Corner rounder

12 comments:

Alice said...

lovely card, Kelley!

Karen B. said...

Nice composition Kelley. I stay up way too late as well, to have some me time!

Alanna said...

It's a super cute card Kelley. I do believe mommy's need some me time. Maybe you can go to bed at the same time some of the time and stay up some other nights, a nice compromise.

Anonymous said...

Kelley, I think there's a middle ground between having zero time and staying up so late that you feel crummy the next day. Your little guy is at a sweet, but tough age right now -- I can empathize. I work outside the home and have about two hours between my daughter's bedtime and my own each evening. I find I can either get housework done or play with my paper -- guess which I do? :-)

Angie Tieman said...

What a happy, uplifting card! Good luck on the calls! I keep meaning to get around to trying and keep getting sidetracked!

Winter said...

So cute! I love those colors! :)

Vanessa said...

I love your card, Kelley! It's good you got some me time! I hope you are well - keeping my fingers crossed for the call ( I enjoyed this one, too)! Miss ya...
Hugs,
Vanessa

Courtney Baker said...

Awww... that's sweet! I love those clouds! Good luck with the call!

Bananastamper said...

Fun card Kelley! Love the sparkle and texture! Good luck with the me time - it is so important, but so difficult to find that balance. I find most of the time that I shift too far one way or the other... cheers,
Shanna :)

Janelle said...

That sparkly band on the balloon is so cool! Love the way it looks. I agree that you need time for yourself. If that means staying up late sometimes, then so be it. Just don't exhaust yourself. There's gotta be a happy medium, right?

Jane said...

Adorable!!! love it! I just submitted 1 card!! lol I hear EVERYONE submitting loads of cards and here I am just 1!!!! I ALWAYS find out last minute and that's all I can make!!!!! So I'm not holding my breath! lol

alexandra s.m. said...

Such a sweet and perfect card! TFS!!