Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Moxie Fab - I Want to Ride My Bike


This is my card for Cath's Moxie Fab - I Want to Ride My Bike challenge!

I love this Hero Arts stamp! I wanted to try something new so I colored it with my Stampin' Up markers. I also wanted to try Teri Anderson's faux stitching idea and used some paint and a tracing wheel to make some faux tread under the bike!?!? :)

Well... keeping it short! Feels like forever since I have blogged! I have been making cards at night (after C goes to bed) to just unwind but I haven't done much else this week! We have been busy but I am not making a lot of progress on my never-ending to do list! Michael is on mission trip this week. They are just up the road in Nashville this time but they are still staying as a group away from home to keep the 'trip' feel. They are working on peoples homes that were damaged due to the recent flooding! They are old pro's at it since they have been going to New Orleans a couple times a year for the past several years. This time... they just decided they needed to help people in their 1st home (Nashville). The didn't go to LA but they are getting the same LA weather here this week... man... it is HOT!! HUMID and HOT!!

Okay.... said it was going to be short!

Hope you all have a fab rest of the week!

Peace and Love!

Supplies:
Stamps - Bicycle and Essential Messages (Hero Arts)
Paper - White (PTI)
Ink - Real Red (SU)
Other - SU Markers, Doodlebug jewel, Corner rounder, Making Memories paint, Tracing wheel

21 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute card Kelley! I love it! The colors are awesome!

Dana Gustafson said...

Adorable! I love the bright blue bike frame on the crisp white cardstock!

Cindy Lee said...

Love the design and the white space! Love another card by you, Kelley!

Winter said...

Too cute! I love the bike! I too want to try the paint and the tracing wheel. I found my wheel the other day...now I need to try it!
I've been missing you! Love you! :)

suzARTe said...

such a gorgeous card. Love the simplicity of the card

Jeanne said...

I really like that image! I've been on the lookout for it around here, but no luck. Ah well, I can admire your use of it.

Hope you have a great rest of your week, Kelley.

Brandi said...

Such a cute card!

Karen B. said...

Diggin the tire tracks and the bright colors of this card.

Jill said...

So sweet! The bright colors of this card combined with that great image make me smile!

Kathy Martin said...

This is one ADORABLE bicycle card! :)

Alice said...

love the happy colors and the stitching!! so cute!

Lisa Petrella said...

Love that bicycle image and the funky tracks you made under it! Great job!

Alicia said...

Such a sweet and clean card... love the use of the tracing wheel...nice!

Janelle said...

Kelley, I love this card! Great colors and great job on the Teri Anderson faux stitching technique! Hope Michael's mission trip went well.

Ann said...

So darn cute!

Stephanie said...

Hey girl!! Just going through all the Moxie Fab cards & couldn't go by without saying hi! Love all the hand inking you did & the tracing wheel looks awesome! Hope you're doing well & I'll be back soon :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kelley! Thanks for entering the I Want to Ride My Bicycle challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Regina Mangum said...

Congrats, Kelly! This is so ADORABLE and I'm so happy for you. You ARE Moxie Fab!

Jess said...

Fabulous card! Congrats on your win!

jen said...

Fabublous! Congrats on your win!

Janelle said...

So, Kelley -- I'm catching up on the Moxie Fab blog and see that you were a winner... again!!! Yea for you!! Hooray -- it is a great card!