Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More Kelley Drama

Hey... just passing a little bit of time and wanted to update anyone who reads this about my latest drama. I have several emails that I have yet to respond to and I wanted to let you know why. My head is just not with it right now.

So... a few weeks ago I called my doc because I was having blood in my urine (sorry for the graphic details). Went to see him (my gyno)... thought it was an infection... took antibiotics... still happening. In the meantime... pain in my right side of my back started to be more prominent. Seems to be worse when I am more active (blood and pain) so I am thinking it is a kidney stone. Praying it is a kidney stone.

My doc sent me to a urologist yesterday. Bad experience. Talked to me for about 5 mins. ... got a phone call and left the room... heard him go to the room next to mine and apologize to them for leaving. I think I heard him go into another room after he was done with them. I eventually stuck my head out of the door.. the doc was standing there and was horrified that he had forgotten me. Shoved me back in the room and said he was glad that I stuck my head out because I was almost overlooked (I was of the opinion that I was overlooked). Came in and did a catheter ... I am assuming to make sure the blood was definitely coming from my bladder. He said he was going to set me up for 2 tests to rule out bladder cancer. He ran out of the room... I dressed and they shoved me to the scheduling lady. At this point... it was after 5pm (office hours). She informs me that they may call me tomorrow to set things up but it would definitely be the next day (which would be thursday). They only do these tests on tuesday and thursday which means more than likely i would have to wait until next week. So... back home I went... not very happy and definitely concerned.

This morning I make a few calls first thing and they go ahead and schedule my CT for this afternoon and the scope for in the morning. So.... at least maybe I will have some answers sooner rather than later.

So... prayers are much appreciated! I will make sure to respond to emails as soon as I can.

Love you all!

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for you! Love you girl!

Ann said...

Oh, no, Kelley! So sorry this is happening...and that your doctor isn't more attentive to your needs. Sending prayers your way!

Amy Heller said...

Oh, gee, Kelley. I hope this is nothing serious. Praying for you and hoping you get answers soon!

Kimberly said...

Definitely praying. And I'm so sorry to hear of the bad experience at the doc's. That's so frustrating. Praying for good results and comfort!

Hannah said...

Oh my goodness! How inconsiderate of that doctor!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lindsay said...

So sorry to hear about your experience! I hope isn't serious and you are on the mend again soon! A prayer is being sent for you.

Kryssi said...

Kelley, I hope it's nothing serious! Sometimes our bodies just does wacky things for absolutely no reason. One summer I had these burning hives all over my arms and legs for 2 weeks. Nothing ever came of it and I'm still okay. I hope your experience is something just random and will pass soon as well. I'll be thinking of you and praying for the best. Try and stay positive in the meantime. {{{HUGS}}}

Vanessa said...

Oh, Kelley, that sounds horrible! I am praying it's nothing serious! Sending you lots of hugs!! Love ya, girl!! Vanessa x

Karen B. said...

Just thinking of you. And how it really isn't fun to wait...

Randee E said...

Wishing you all the best, PMA all the way!! Positive Mental Attitude :0)

Tiffany said...

What A horrible experience! you will be in my prayers!! I hope all goes well. I also pray for the doctors that they start caring more!!

~amy~ said...

thinking of you kelley..

Alice said...

thinking of you, Kelley.

Winter said...

Praying for you Kelley! We have a God that is more than capable of healing you! Love You!

Alanna said...

Oh gosh Kelley, my prayers are with you that it's nothing too serious. Waiting I'm sure is pure torture.

Nancy L. said...

Hoping and praying that its nothing serious!

Dawn said...

Hoping that it is nothing serious and can be taken care of soon, so that you are feeling better quickly!

Anonymous said...

Just said a prayer. . . thinking of you tonight. {{hugs}}

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Hoping all goes well for you!

Cat said...

Kelley take care wonderful lady. My thoughts are with you. Hugs Catherine xo

Tenia Nelson said...

I'm praying for ya!!

Karin said...

I will pray for you and for the doctors to have wisdom and compassion as they determine what is the cause so that you can be healed. Our God is great, have faith.

Jeanne said...

Oh my, Kelley. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with a doctor with poor patient skills on top of what must be very unsettling symptoms. I will be thinking of you and hoping that it's nothing serious. Hugs!

Lynnette said...

Lifting you up in prayers girl, hang in there. Our Lord is sovereign, lean on Him. You have lots of people praying for you which is always comforting. Please keep us updated.Love you

Alison F. Collier said...

Kelley, I had no idea all of this was going on from you. See what I miss when we don't carpool to our "Paper Dolls" class. BLESS YOUR HEART. I will check your blog on a more regular basis. I've been out of the blog and facebook world (only getting on may be once a week). We leave tomorrow afternoon (Friday) flying to NM to bring Britt, Addie and Elena home with us. We leave NM Tuesday morning. Will drive 8 hours a day and stop. So we HOPE to pull into our drive sometime Thursday night. We'll unload the Penske truck sometime Friday or Saturday. JESUS take the wheel! Love ya sista!

Janelle said...

Still praying, Kelley! Love you lots!! (We're in Indiana today -- getting ready to leave for my cousin's son's baseball game right now and then out to dinner with them. Breakfast with another cousin in the morning. Then Illinois for a couple of days, Tennessee for a night, and then back home...)

Bananastamper said...

Hi Kelley,
What is it with urologists eh? I too have had bad experiences with one in particular (thank goodness there was another in town) and their tests are never fun either! My thoughts are with you girl, keep your chin up. Sending hugs,
Shanna :)