Tuesday, September 8, 2009

2S4Y #34



I was looking at different challenges last night because I needed a little help getting some ideas for a few thank yous that I want to make. I really liked this sketch so I went with it!

I just kept piling on stuff until I said... "OK... that's enough"!! :) I like it... it makes me happy!! A little out of my comfort zone but... I am not going to get any better at this layering stuff until I keep trying it!

Hope you are all having a fabulous day! Keeping this short and sweet! My little one is home from school (Mothers Day Out) but I wanted to go ahead and do my post. I need to work on a few more thank yous and a couple of birthday cards tonight!

Supplies:
Stamps - Worn grid (Unity)
Paper - Robin's Egg (AC), Vintage Yummy (Sassafras)
Ink - Dark Chocolate and True Black (PTI)
Other - Bo Bunny Flower, Misc. Brad, MM Tiny Alpha Stickers, C. Cricket Ribbon, Studio 18 Rhinestones, Misc. chipboard letter


Peace and Love!
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Christina said...

That's adorable! I love the playfulness and the bright & cheery colors!

Karen said...

Such a happy card! I like the cheerful colors, the crossword paper, and that worn grid stamp. :> And good for you for practicing something that is out of the box for you!! :>

Elise said...

Yummmy! I LIKE you out of the box, too!:o) {Karen is another local scrap sweetie of mine!} I'm glad you flexed your creative muscles here! This is such fun and tactile and sparkling with crafty goodness in the sunshine! Yeah!

Ann said...

Fun card, Kelley! I love the colors!

Laura Davis said...

Super cute card! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Janelle said...

So cute, Kelley! Love the way you used the "u". Great interpretation of the sketch!

~amy~ said...

Oh Kelley, this IS such a HAPPY card..I love it!!! Gotta love the sassy paper :)

Alanna said...

Great card Kelley. I love all the elements and I think you totally pulled it off.

Winter said...

Oh, I love this! That big "U" is amazing! :)

Dana Gustafson said...

Wow Kel! THis is fab! I love your layers and textures here. It's so awesome! The rainbow ribbon, the shabby U, well, ALL of it! Score girlie!

cnelson said...

super cute! love the bright, happy colors!

Vanessa said...

This is so happy and bright, Kelley! Love the colors and the distressed letter! Adorable!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Courtney Baker said...

This sure is fun. How did you get your chipboard to look like that? The distressing is so fun.

It's Jenn! said...

How fun! Loving the colors and the stamping and all the embellishment....what a fun card!

Maile Belles said...

Very cute, love your take on the sketch!

Randee E said...

So fun and cheery! I think you did a great job :0) Love the distressing on the "U" looks like an old piece of wood.

masha minaeva said...

Great card! Like the way you said "thank u"!

Stephanie said...

Love the worn grid stamped around the base - really finishes off the card! you always have the best papers - so fresh & perfect on your cards!!

~kelly marie~ said...

So cute!! I love how you filled in the crossword! It's amazing!