Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Birthday


Wow... what a weekend! I am pooped!! How about you?

So... yesterday... I got the opportunity to go shop at the CK Nashville event! OMW!! I could have spent $1000 easy.... if I had $1000 to spend!

My friend, Courtney, had received a free pass to the shopping event and was kind enough to pass that along to me! :) Thank you again Courtney! I am sooooo glad that I did not miss out on that! Not only was it an awesome time because I was surrounded with so much yummy stuff but... I got to hang out and shop with two friends... fun times!! :)

Now... onto the card... I believe I owe you guys a short(er) post so... I will try to make that happen!

This is a card that I made... shamefully... last night to give to my SIL today! I do have a pretty good excuse... I didn't get this set until a few days ago. I had to order more white paper and decided at $15... I would jump on the In Bloom bandwagon!! I knew I wanted to use this set for Cindi's card so I was waiting around to get it! I wasn't a huge fan of this set when it came out but after seeing all the wonderful cards that you guys have made using it... I changed my mind!

I used glossy accents on the entire flower... looks like a big puffy sticker... love it!

So... today we celebrated Cindi's birthday at my parents house!

Here is a picture of my SIL and my bro and nephew!! My SIL is the sweetest woman you could ever meet! Not a mean bone in her body! Well... unless you mess with her family! I love you Cindi!! :)

Hope you guys have had a wonderful Sunday! Peace and Love!

Supplies:
Stamps - In Bloom, Handwritten Notes (PTI)
Paper - White, Pure Poppy (PTI)
Ink - Black StazOn
Other - True Black Ribbon, SU Dimensionals, Copic marker, Glossy Accents

Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Alanna said...

This is so gorgeous Kelley. I've been on the fence about this stamp set. I think it's a great one but wasn't sure that I would be able to do it any kind of justice at all.

Janelle said...

Sounds like you and Courtney had a great time shopping; loved her video.
Great card for your SIL. I'm sure she loved it -- and, who cares when you finished it. It was done when you needed it, right?

Stephanie said...

gorgeous!! I bet she loved the card! The glossy accents look great - I'm so impatient and have to be really good about not touching to check if it's dry :)


I watched Courtney's video yesterday and was waiting to hear what you had to say about the big event! I'm soooooo jealous!! What fun! Sometimes I feel like I live so far from everything - thank goodness for the internet!!

Dana Gustafson said...

This is way sassy! I love it!

Winter said...

So pretty! Sounds like ya'll had a great time! :)

Elise said...

I should say, YOU HAD A BUSY WEEKEND! What a gas! I'm SOOOOOOOOOO envious of all of the fun you and miss Courtney must have had! Wowweee, girl! And you just WHIPPED out this card on top of all of that! I'm tired on your behalf! tee hee LOVELY CARD, too! {How do you do it!?!} You ROCK, sweet Kelley! Great share and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, to Cindi! xoxo - E.

Vanessa said...

Happy Birthday to Cindi!
Love your gorgeous card, red on white is so eyecatching! Your posts are never too long, love reading them, Kelley! I don`t write so much on my posts because the more I write the more mistakes.... There are so many false friends in English :) I am glad you had a great weekend!

Hugs and love,
Vanessa

~kelly marie~ said...

Love the card! It's gorgeous! Such a good idea to put glossy accents on the flower! I love it! The shopping sounds so fun too! I can't wait to see your goodies!

~amy~ said...

I'm pooped from the weekend too...soooo behind on my blurfing...yipes. Gorgeous card...isn't it a steal for $15?! seriously....I love the red bloom...sooo very striking!

Courtney Baker said...

Super cute Kelley. I'm so glad that you jumped on the In Bloom band wagon... it's a good one to be on.

Thanks again for coming to shop. I wish we could go again today!

Cindi said...

Hi! Cindi, the SIL here! LOVED my card! Thank you again Kelley!! Kelley is sooo very talented and I'm very proud of her. She and my best friend, Ruth, are both addicted to card-making, and they are both fabulous at it, so I really enjoy getting cards from them. I cherish them. Nothing says "love" more than receiving a card that someone has poured their heart and love and time into just to make you smile and make you happy. Just to reciprocate....Kelley is also the sweetest, most loving SIL a gal could have. Me and Kelley are SO much alike! We wear our hearts on our sleeves and cry at every sappy moment that comes by. Love and passion and compassion are our biggest character traits. That is why I just love her and identify with her so much. Nobody could be on your side and love you and support you and encourage you more than Boo Boo. She is one of God's precious jewels. LOVE HER!

Jane said...

gorgeous card! I bet she loved it!!

Karen said...

I just love that In Bloom set! It is high up on my looooooooong PTI wish list. And one of these days, I'm going to have to bump it off that list and into my cart! lol And you have made a very nice card for your SIL with it. And from her comments, it looks like she loves getting cards created by you! :>

Maile Belles said...

Beautiful! I love that set, so glad to see you use it!

Ann said...

Gorgeous card--one of my favorite color combos!

Betty Wright said...

Kelley, this is so beautiful and elegantly done!!! Great colors and I love the dotted black ribbon!!! This card really pops!!! Wonderful person to celebrate!!! Blessings!!!