Saturday, September 19, 2009

What's shaken...


bacon!!

I saw this sentiment in a set of Hanna stamps and knew that I had to do this card! :) I didn't have a pig stamp so I cut out around a pig image on a piece of patterned paper and adhered it to white cardstock (to make it more sturdy) and then cut it out again! I didn't want to try and cut out the curly q tail so... I made one with a thin strip of purple cardstock!

Honey... I didn't go buy a pig stamp... are you proud? :)

Anyway... quick post. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! My in-laws have Carver again tonight... Thank you Thank you Thank you Granna and Poppy! :)

We met with a young couple who are having their wedding ceremony tomorrow but really wanted to be married today. So... we ate dinner and then found a nice spot in town for Michael to marry them tonight. That was a lot of fun! We had a great time hanging out and that was my first time being the only witness to a marriage!! So sweet!

Anyway... since my little man isn't here... I am going to try and get some stuff done around the house before bed and possibly work on my craft room some more!

Peace and Love!!

Supplies: Stamps - Just What I Meant To Say (Hanna stamps) Paper - White (PTI), Perfect Plum (SU), Country Pig (The Paper Lady) Ink - True Black (PTI) Other - Corner Rounder, SU Dimensionals

15 comments:

Elise said...

GET OUT OF MY BARN! That is the CUTEST card: my head is bobbing with joy and shock: I LOVE IT! Soooooooo funny and CAUUUUUTE! You slay me, girl! That curly tail, hilarious sentiment! Soooooooo much fun! AND, then there was your lovely share about you and your darling husband and MARRYING a couple {in your baby-free time, no less!} You are DARLING, Kelley! Gosh! So cute! I hope you enjoy your child free time in WHATEVER manner suits you best.... ahem! Tee Hee HAVE FUN!

~amy~ said...

How stinkin' CUTE is that??!!!!

Winter said...

So cute! I have to improvise alot, when I don't have the right supplies! So much cheaper! :)

Vanessa said...

So so cute! Love the curly tail! What a great story about marrying a couple! And if your husband isn`t proud, I am, because you didn`t go and buy a pig stamp...

Have a fab Sunday!
Hugs,
Vanessa

Carlito86 said...

So cute! Whats shaking bacon! I love it!

xx

Courtney Baker said...

Kelley this is so fun. I'm glad I finally got to see it after all the suspense. My favorite part is the tail though. That's so stinking cleaver.

It's Jenn! said...

Ha! I love the little piggy! Oh and that tail! Adorable!

I have to say, what a sweet thing to be the only witness to that union. I just picture it all in my head, it sounds so beautiful! That's so sweet, they just couldn't wait...awww!!!

Jane said...

So CUTE!

Randee E said...

So cute and funny!! Love that little squiggly tail!

Janelle said...

Very cute, Kelley! The little curly tail is a terrific detail. And what a sweet little marry-ing story. We've had "surprise" weddings at our church sometimes (surprise to most of the congregation, not to the couple, of course!). So fun, so sweet. (And, yes, I'm proud of you for not running out to find a pig stamp!)

Stephanie said...

oh my word - this is the best!!!! sooooo funny, Kelley - you ham (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Jane said...

That is so sweet of you but I'm pretty sure that we have all the colours here (but I like mixing the colours just to get more shades) but if you want to surprise me with one or two fimo packs I wouldn't have a problem with that.......only if I could then surprise you with some of my buttons??? Email me your address and I'll do the same!
janebeljo@yahoo.ca

Cat said...

This is such a cutie card Kelley, that little tail looks great. Sounds like you had a lovely time with your hubby.:)

Betty Wright said...

This card is too cute and made me LOL, Kelley!!! Great look and I love the CAS design!!! Blessings!!!

~kelly marie~ said...

This is so cute! I love it!! Also, how fun is that to witness a marriage. So cool!