Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Today is the day!!





Are you guys ready for a new kind of challenge? One that will make you think outside of the box? If so... you have happened upon the right blog!!

Today we are announcing a new challenge called "Everything But The Kitchen Sink"! This challenge is going to be monthly and is going to be hosted each month by one of six fab bloggers!

Each month the host blogger will choose an item from around the house and will issue a challenge to all of you/us. The challenge will be to come up with a card using the item and then link your blog post/card using Mr. Linky on the host blog!

This month, Courtney Baker, is the challenge hostess with the mostest! Courtney is also the one who came up with the challenge idea! And what a great idea it is... don't ya think?

Courtney's challenge is to use something from the mail!!

Since this is the first challenge, Courtney is offering a $25 gift certificate to PAPERTREY INK to one of you!! Woo Hoo! You can check out Courtney's blog for more details on how that will work!

Challenge begins today and ends on Friday, October 9th . So.... get busy making some cards people!!! Are you as excited as I am?!?!? Oh... and tell all your blogging friends about this new challenge!! :) We are all so excited and would love love love to have great participation!!

Here are the cards that I made for the challenge!

On this first card, the family sign is from a catalog that I had received in the mail that day. It was a new catalog to me so I immediately flipped through it to see if it was a keeper or a recycle..er! :) When I saw this sign, I thought... hey... I can cut that out and use it on a card!! Cool!! I backed it with some thin recycled cardboard so I could pop it up with dimensionals.


On this card, I used newspaper to create a couple of flower layers! This was my original idea so I felt like I should go ahead and do that as well!! I sponged all of the flower with Ranger's Tattered Rose distress ink. Matches PTI's Sweet Blush pretty well!


I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!! :)

Be sure to pay a visit to the other girls so you can see what they created!! You will not be disappointed!!





Ann Cox

Hope you all have a fabulous day! AND... thanks for being such good sports about all the teasing that has been going on! :) Love you guys!!

17 comments:

Cat said...

What a great idea Kelley, looks like fun and congrats to you on being part of this new challenge! The first challenge is a great idea too, it will definitely get me thinking. I love your cards and those flowers look so pretty as well as the colours and background stamp. :)

Winter said...

I love the flower card too Kelley, it's so pretty! :)

Jane said...

Congrats ladies!! This is sooo exciting! I think I'm going to give it a try!!!!! Gotta go find my mail!!!

Elise said...

WOWOWOWOWOWWOWeeeeeeee!

This looks like a blast! (You little minx!) I'll have to put this one in the ol' noggin this morning and shake! COOL IDEA! You guys are FUN!!! Yee Haw!

Traveling Mama said...

What a fun challenge! TOTALLY worth all the suspense! LOL! I am the WORST about surprises... I have already tried giving Jack his b-day gift three times but he keeps making me wait! LOL! I cannot wait to play along with you girls! Hugs!

Dana Gustafson said...

Wheeee! What a ride of suspense all to culminate with this FUN challenge! You all are so crafty!

I love both of your cards, Kel, and the HOme sign paired with the house stamp is simply smashing!

Vanessa said...

This is so cool! So fun - I need more time for all the fab challenges! Love what you have created, Kelley!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Christina Smith said...

Hee hee! COOL!!

Courtney Baker said...

Kelley your cards are awesome! I love that they are so your style! Thanks so much for going on this adventure with me!

~amy~ said...

cute, cute, cute Kelley...lovin' BOTH of your cards!!

LeAnne said...

Very cool, Kelley---I saw this on Ann's blog. Great ideas, hope I can play!

Randee E said...

This sounds like soo much fun!! I'm going to have to go through all my mail now and try to play along :0) Love your take on the challenge, that flower is too fun!

Ann said...

Cute, cute, cute! I'm SO looking forward to working with you on these challenges! :D

~kelly marie~ said...

Both cards are so gorgeous! That flower one is blowing my mind! Did you cut out those flower shapes?

I am so glad to be on this team with you! Just so excited!!

Stephanie said...

Yippee!! What a fun challenge - worth all the wait & guessing :) Can't wait to play along :) Guess I'll have to start looking through my mail...unless it's a package, it typically waits until the weekend :)

Alanna said...

I'm so glad that the cat's out of the bag. What a fun challenge. I'll be looking forward to playing. Congrats!

Karen said...

Holey camole macarole!!! I disappear for a few days and then all kinds of creative crafty goodness explode here in blogworld!!! I love what you have done with your cards and am so excited for you. :> Unfortunately, since I had to break down "stamp camp" (as Hubby not-so-affectionately calls it....don't worry, he totally supports my creative fun...just not when it takes up the living room! :> lol) for his mom & her hubby's visit, card crafting is probably going to have to wait another week. :< But, I'll be back...I'm sure! :> Congrats and have fun! :>