Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Polka Dot Paradise Color Challenge



This is my card for the PDPCC! I struggled with this card! I started with a different card and it was looking too much like a card I had made previously so I went with this! I really wanted to play with the Vintage Labels set from PTI!! I was soooooooo excited when it came out. Labels One is my all time favorite Nestie!! I will be sending this card to a close friend in the next few days!

Anyway.... hope you have all had a great day today and have another great one tomorrow! I may be MIA as far as commenting for a few days! I need to make some cards that I can post... if I get any free time that I am not using to sleep!

My parents are on vacation and I got a call today from their alarm company saying their alarm was going off. I live one town over but my brothers live in the same town. When they called... my brothers were still at work and I was the closest one with a key! Anyway.... that turned out to be nothing but when I arrived... I happened upon an issue that needed immediate attention. My brother came over to assist me and looks like I am going to be cleaning my parents house for the next couple of days before they get home. As much as I hate this issue for my parents... I am glad that it is giving me an opportunity to do something for them! Seeing as how they always do so much for me! My SIL is going to be pitching in and my hubby and in-laws have volunteered to watch the kiddo so I can get everything back to normal before they get home! Every time my parents go out of town.. something happens in their home that requires major work/repair! If this keeps up... they are never going to leave the house again! :)

Well... thanks for listening to me ramble if you have made it this far! :) I will be talking to you soon... hopefully!!

Supplies: Stamps - Vintage Labels, Polka Dot Basics II, Handwritten Notes (PTI) Paper - Orange Zest, Vintage Cream (PTI) Ink - Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Scarlet Jewel (PTI) Other - Summer Sunrise Ribbon, Scarlet Jewel Buttons (PTI), Kaiser Orange Rhinestones, Big Shot, Labels One Nesties, SU Dimensionals
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Christina Smith said...

Wow! It sounds like you had a busy day today! I hope everything works out with their house!! I really like the card you made!

Vanessa said...

This card is so adorable! I love the labels 1, too!! But it will still take some weeks before my vintage label stamps arrive... Wow, you have a busy time, I hope everything will be ok with your parents` house and that you`ll have time to create again soon!

Sending hugs,
Vanessa

Jane said...

love this card!! I just love that label die!!!

Elise said...

Ohhh, HONEY! I can ONLY imagine! Doesn't sound like fun, but YOU are a terrific daughter! YES, YOU ARE! Such a good girl! And, may I just say: for whatever it's worth.. Way to take a break from blogland and LEAVE US WITH THIS GORGEOUS CARD! Not kidding, luv! This is some outstanding piece of craft! You are on SUCH a fabulous roll with your card production mechanism {or whatever part of you that makes you SO crafty!} Glad you have good support in your life that you can do for your folks and others can do for you and so on and so forth. {Wish I was in on the "support tree" in real life! *sob} You take care, sweet Kelley!

Janelle said...

Sounds serious at your parents' house -- glad you and other family members are nearby to take care of things for them. Our mothers live so far away that it's hard for us to "be there" for them like you're able to be. Anyway, nice card! I received my Vintage Labels set last week, but haven't had the time to get it out and stamp with it. :( Maybe today...

~amy~ said...

glad there wasn't anything bad happening over at the folks'....nice of you to take card of things for them while they are on vaca..

Love your card...I so need to invest in nesties..

Winter said...

Sorry, there was an issue at your Mom & Dad's! Sometimes, it can be a blessing in disguise! You can help your parents and take a little break from the blog world,(we all need that sometimes)! Very sweet card! Don't you just love the new vintage stamps?! I finally got mine in yesterday! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Kelley I love THIS! It doesn't look like you had ANY trouble!

Alanna said...

This is so cute. Great job with the color challenge. And I'm so jealous that you have that new PTI set. Labels 1 is my favorite as well.

Randee E said...

Love this card! I just got the nesties and was thinking about getting the PTI set to go with. I think you just confirmed my purchase :0)

Anonymous said...

You always have the most creative ideas! You also have a creative heart! What lucky parents!

I have an award over at my blog for you! Come by and pick it up!

Cat said...

This card is really pretty. I love the shape that you have used and the bling and buttons. I think I might have to buy some of the nestabilities they look really effective.

I hope everything worked out at your parents house.
Smiles Catherine

Stephanie said...

Hey girl - it's been a busy week for both of us I see! You are too sweet to help out your parents, and I'm sure they'll be so appreciative. Isn't it nice to give back when you can - I love to that for my parents too!

Love the card - I'm hoping to play along with the Embellish call for publishing...what fun color combos :)

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your shaped card and fun ribbon off the sides element. Great job with the embellish challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Anonymous said...

Great use of that die shape Kelley! I hope everything worked out at your parents' house! Thanks for playing along with Embellish!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Thanks so much for joining us in Polka Dot Paradise!

~kelly marie~ said...

I love it!! You are the best with the labels one dies!!