Thursday, September 3, 2009

Our Final Day

Well... today was our last day at the beach! I am a little sad but also glad to be going home tomorrow! Michael wanted to take off tonight and drive all night to get home but I think we are too old to stay up all night and not get home until 9am! We decided to stay and just get up early and head out.

This morning we took our morning trip to the beach. Carver did some better today and actually went to the water with me to get some water in his toys. I think if we had one more week, he might actually take his shoes off and walk barefoot in the sand! :)

After going to the beach, we went and ate some lunch and then headed to the aquarium. We had a good time there and discovered a whole little world of stuff we didn't know was here. The aquarium was at The Boardwalk. The Boardwalk had a lot of shops, restaurants, rides for kids, etc. ! It was a neat place so after we came to the room for a nap we headed back up there for dinner.

We ate dinner at Margaritaville and listened to a little live music while we ate (which Michael loved). If I haven't mentioned this before, my husband is a very good musician. He plays the drums, guitar and has started teaching himself the keyboard which he has gotten good at very quickly! Anyway... we walked around for a little while after dinner but it was already pretty late so we decided to come back in for the night.

Once we got to our room, we noticed that the moon was full and was shining on the water right behind our hotel. We decided to take one last stroll down to water and just take in Gods beauty!

Michael is trying to get Carver to sleep as I try to type this as softly as possible! :) It will be nice to get home and get in our own bed. Carver has slept with us every night and neither of us get good sleep. We are in a queen size bed and somehow that little 30 pound boy gets sideways and keeps us both on the edge of the bed.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful week! I am looking forward to getting home and getting some stamping done. I hope I don't just sit and stare at all of my stuff for a few days without one idea! :)

I have so enjoyed our vacation! It has been nice to get away and spend several days with my family! Thanks to all of you who have prayed for us while we have been away! Please say a prayer for us as we travel home tomorrow! Peace and Love!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Kelley - thanks so much for sharing your trip! It sounds like you all had a wonderful time and made terrific memories. Glad you made it back safely to your own bed minus a 30lb rugrat :)