Monday, September 14, 2009

Have a Hoot

This is a card that I made the other night for a friends son, Braden! Braden turned 12 today!

Not a lot to talk about today! :) So... this is actually going to be a short post!

Hope you have all had a great Monday and have an awesome Tuesday!

I had a great day today... feel like I got a lot accomplished! Let's hope the same is true for tomorrow! Lots of cleaning to do... fun fun!

Oh... I have a question!! I have been trying to figure out the World Card Making Day thing! Does anyone have any knowledge of this? I thought it was an online thing... then I saw that you have to mail your cards in... and... I have two different deadline dates going on!? HELP! :) I'm confused!!

Peace and Love!!

Supplies:
Stamps - Wise Owl (PTI), Woodgrain (SU!)
Paper - Kraft, True Black and Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink - Black StazOn, True Black and Dark Chocolate (PTI)
Other - Copics, SU Dimensionals, Circle Punches
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh Kelley - you'd make Martha Stewart so proud with that faux bois (woodgrain) :) have you ever seen the episode where she goes faux bois crazy? gotta love Martha!

and gotta love owls :) I have a ton of owl stamps - a bunch that still need inked up. I may need to start a 'no new stamps' challenge to get to them like I've gotten to all of my hoarded paper! ciao :)

Winter said...

Hey Kelley! Cute card! Love the woodgrain!
There is a submission for cards for the World Card Making Day and you do send those in by Oct.3, I don't know of another one though. There is alot of submissions and dates and it gets confusing! :)

~kelly marie~ said...

LOVE this! Woodgrain, owls, perfection! So cute!

I am SO confused about World Card Making Day too. Let me know what you learn! :)

Elise said...

Okay. I'm glad I'm sitting down ALREADY! That owl, your coloring... the way you featured him...! To die for, design, my talented friend! You are tapped into some SERIOUS crafty goodness and I LOVE IT! Won-DER-ful!

Thank you for ALL THE *heart* on my blog! I adore you, sweet thang! {I'm just REELING with shock and JOY!}

Vanessa said...

This card is perfect! Love the woodgrain background and this cute owl! I wish I could take part in the Worl Card Making Day... but it`s not open to Internationals :(
It always makes me sad....
Good luck to you my dear Kelley!

Hugs and Love,
Vanessa

It's Jenn! said...

heehee, this is so cute! I love the wood combined with that cutie cute owl. The sentiment is absolutely perfect. If you find anything out, I'd love to hear more about this card making day.

~amy~ said...

CUTE card Kelley...I just LOVE that sweet owl!!!

Carly said...

Seriously this card ROCKS!! That woodgrain is amazing! and I love the simplicity of the card! Fab job!!

Karen said...

I love Alli Miles' sets and do hope to see more from her. Those Wise Owls are so fun! I love that you put him atop a woodgrain stamped card base and inked those edges up.....looks perfect for a twelve year old boy! :>

Maile Belles said...

Cute, cute, cute! I haven't figured the Card Making Day thing out yet either! Sorry I am no help.

Courtney Baker said...

Super cute. I just love the wood grain!

Ann said...

Super cute, Kelley!

Okay, WCMD is Oct. 3. You can send in cards to Paper Crafts magazine to win a big prize pack and get published. You can also join their blog hop. However, MANY, MANY people and places will be doing special stuff that day--it's not just a Paper Crafts thing. So if you're doing something special on your blog, you can link it up to the PC blog hop if you want. HTH! Email me if that was confusing! :)

Lynnette said...

Adorable card. I love the SU! woodgrain stamp. I've been reading thru your comments to get some insight on the WCM day. Have a great day!