Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I find myself today, of course, being thankful for all of the blessings in my life! The 'normal' blessings that we are all thankful for. I also find myself being thankful to God for what He is doing in my life at this moment. I find myself praising Him in this storm because I know that He is going to see my through this. I know that God is going to use this in a mighty way to change my life forever and I know that He is going to use this to do a work in many lives around me. I know that through this, I will have a strength and a faith and an understanding of so many things that I have prayed to Him to have. I found myself at one of my lowest points thinking that THIS is what Jesus felt before He died on the cross for me. I have always had a hard time grasping the sacrifice that Jesus made. I wasn't there to see what he went through. I wasn't there to see the pain and suffering and how Jesus must have been so scared and nervous about what He was fixing to do. See Jesus was not only God but He was also human so I can only imagine that He had the same human reaction of being so scared and sick and sad about what He knew He was facing. I have longed to have a better grasp of what He went through because I felt like I would be even more thankful for the sacrifice that He made for me. I wanted to understand that so that I could be a better person and a person who truly put God first... above ALL else! I don't think that I could ever fully understand how He felt but I do feel that being so scared of losing my life and being so physically sick over it... I understand as best as I ever will until I get to Heaven! I am just thankful to God for this season of my life because God makes amazing things happen even in the worst situations! God doesn't cause these things to happen but He uses them to bring people to Him!

Thank you God for my life and for this storm that I am going through right now! I have faith that you are going to see me through this and I am going to be closer to You than I have ever been. I have faith that someone... even one person... will seek You through all of this and find a joy, a peace and a happiness that only comes from You. If one person finds their way to you... then it is all worth it!

21 comments:

Christina Smith said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend! Love you!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Right on--great attitude and gratitude!! GOD IS GOOD:)

Vanessa said...

Happy Thanksgiving, dear Kelley! Love ya!

Alanna said...

I'm so glad that you're having such a positive outlook Kelley. That in itself will pay huge dividends in the trials you face. I hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving.

Cat said...

It's so good to hear that you are feeling more positive when it would have been difficult to overcome your overwhelming feeling of being scared. Take care and enjoy your Thanksgiving day with your loved ones, just know you are in my thoughts.xox

Winter said...

Praise God, I can see the prayers helping you already! God is so good to us! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Elise said...

Sweetest Kelley! You are a delight. I'm glad that God is lifting you up and showing you the way. Your strength is glowing! Wishing you so much love this day, and always.

Unknown said...

Kelley, You are touching lives and showing people how to truly love and trust in God. What an inspiration. God is using you for help others in their walk including me. Thank you for sharing your life in this way. You are a blessing to all of us!
Love, Kathy Browning

Gloria said...

I am thankful that you were placed in all our lives and confident in the blessings of the Lord that you will be there for a long time to come. Praying for you and your family.

Ginger Marks (Carson's mom) said...

Kelley, What an inspiration you are to us all. You and Michael and Carver are most certainly in our prayers. You are starting your journey already ahead...most people don't begin with such praise and thankfulness and faith. Way to be such an inspiration!!!
Love ~ The Marks Family
*Ginger*Troy*Sarah-Beth*TJ*Carson

Dotty Jo said...

We'll all with you every step of the way Kelley, Jo x

Pain-Free Journey said...

Kelley, You are an inspiration to me! Our family is lifting you, Michael and Carver in prayer.
Love,
Craig, Keri, Clay and Dillon(Shaw)
Delphia

Anonymous said...

Kelley and Michael: Thank you for allowing us to view first-hand how God is working in your lives to grow you as even stronger believers in his love and mercy. Your blessings are our blessings! All of you are in our prayers.

Love,
Lynne & David

Anonymous said...

My God continue to bless you and family Kelley!! You're such an inspiration!!
**Hugs**
Jessica

Anonymous said...

What an incredible perspective you have today Kelley! I am praying for you daily and praying for a continued peace and an incredible strength to face the days ahead. If you need anything, please let me know! Love you girl
Emily Echols

Janelle said...

Oh, Kelley! I just caught up on your last five days and am floored. I wanted to jump in my car and drive for 8 hours to give you big hugs!! And, to just do... something. I wish I'd checked your blog earlier, as now I feel like I've wasted 5 days when I could've been praying -- but, know that the praying starts in earnest NOW! My heart is full and I have so much to say, this may not be the time or place though.
Lord Jesus, bless my friend Kelley and her family with peace. Your peace. Thank you for the way you've gone before her, clearing appointment times and giving medical staff special insights. Continue to surround them -- all of them, medical personnel and Kelley and her family -- with Your love. Your peace. Your special presence. Your strength. Thank you for Kelley's love for You and for her understanding of Your love for her. Let her feel that love in the days to come. Help her to rest in You. In Your precious name, Jesus, Amen.
Love you, Kelley!

Meredith said...

I haven't checked in all week, and I am so shocked to hear your news. I will be praying for you and your family! I don't have words to express what I would like, but I wish I could give you a hug and tell you to keep believing in miracles, because they do happen! May God's peace be with you through this!

~kelly marie~ said...

You have kept such a wonderful and positive attitude. You are truly amazing. Love you so much!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kelley, I love you and am praying for you and for all that God will show you through this. Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my favorite verses, and another is Isaiah 54:17a. God surely has you and your family in the palm of his hand. Desiree

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Kelley, you are amazing. Thank you for sharing that. You are such an inspiration. I will pray for you and your family, and I know God will heal you! Much Love, Ashley Tipton

Anonymous said...

Kelley, we are praying for you and your family. May God heal you and give you a speedy recovery!
Mark, Tamra, Logan, & Landon Jacobs