Friday, November 27, 2009

Ramblings and Specifics

I have so much to do or that I feel like I have to get done before Sunday! All that I can concentrate on right now is just getting my feelings out so... that is what I am going to do first!

Yesterday was a great day! Today has been a great day with one small breakdown over dinner! :) I don't even know really what I want to say. I just need to talk so thanks for listening and for caring!

I have faith that God is taking care of me and that I am going to be fine! I do, however, seem to let the devil come in from time to time and steal that away from me temporarily! I guess that is only human, right?

I received an email from a church friend that I read just a few minutes ago. In that email, my friend shared that my experience has made her aware of the need to take care of herself better for her children. After I read that email, I went out to feed our dogs and I found myself praying. Praying that for whatever reason I am being allowed to go through this experience... if/when I have come through it.... that I will have the courage and strength to do whatever it is that God wants me to do with this. I see so many 'things' at this moment that I feel could be the reason I am going through this. I see the opportunities that could open up for me to hopefully help others with my story if only I have the courage to do them. You see... some of these opportunities would involve things that I am very uncomfortable with doing at this point in my life! I think about how my husband is a youth minister. We have so many teenage girls that I could talk to about this storm in my life and hopefully make them see how the impact of what they do NOW... can affect their future. Is this personal experience that I have something that I am ashamed of.... yes... of course. Is it something that I am too ashamed of to talk about to others in an effort to help them maybe not make the same wrong decisions... not at all. Am I terrified of public speaking.... YES! Am I just uncomfortable talking in even a small group of people (even teenagers)... YES! Is this what God has in store for me? I don't know yet!

The reason I am even talking about this is because not only do I need your prayers for many other things... I am asking for your prayers that WHEN I come through this... that it will not be wasted! I need your prayers for strength long after the physical hurts are healed. I need prayers for clarity and that my eyes and heart will be open to whatever God wants me to do from here on out!

I hope all of that rambling somehow makes sense... at least enough that you understand my prayer request! :)

Speaking of prayer requests.... I have several specific prayer points if you would please... :)

Pray for my husband, Michael... he is going to be mommy and daddy for a while. Pray that he will remain healthy and strong physically and mentally.

Pray for my son, Carver... pray for a calm spirit... as any of you who know Carver know how wild he can be! While that is all fun and great normally... it would be awesome if he would be a little less rambunctious until I get home so it would help his dad out! :) The energy that boy has can wear you out in an hour!

Pray also for Carver that he will remain healthy and strong during all of this! As a mom, of course, I am worried that everyone is going to be so preoccupied with taking care of me that an illness in Carver could go unnoticed longer than it normally would be.

Pray for my parents... they are strong but I am their little girl! I am the baby and the only girl so my brothers like to say that I am spoiled... they don't know what they are talking about! :)

Pray for the rest of my family that they will remain strong and full of faith that everything is going to be okay! We are going to be depending on a lot of our family to help us out for the next little while. They all have their own lives, etc.... I hate to think about them getting worn down.

Pray for the doctors and nurses who are going to be taking care of me!

Praise God for the doctors and nurses who are going to be taking care of me!

Praise God for my doctor... Dr. Link... who has already taken care of me by listening to God and catching this!

Pray for strength for me and a quick recovery!

Pray that the doctors are able to get out all of the cancer and that the tests results will show that they did.

Pray that the initial tests were correct and the cancer has not spread!

And again... pray that this... whatever the outcome... will not be wasted!

Did you get all of that? ha.... I don't ask much, huh? :)

I am sure I forgot something that I will think of later so... you may hear from me again! If not.... I LOVE YOU ALL! I am soooo blessed to know you all and to have your love and to have you guys praying for me and my family! I wish I could hug and kiss you all!!

My surgery is at 8am CST on Monday the 30th! My husband, Michael, has started a blog and I am sure he will keep it updated if you want to check in on me! I know you do because you love me! I love you too! :)

His blog is michaeleubanks.blogspot.com !! Talk to you guys soon! :)

19 comments:

Christina Smith said...

Amen, Amen, and Amen!! I am praying for these requests! I just added Michael's blog to my favorites. You are so loved!

Cat said...

Thinking of you in a positive light and feeling that you are well loved and cared for Kelley and your family by so many near and far. You are a lovely lady and out of this detour in the road will be a wonderful journey remaining with your Husband and Son.xox

Elise said...

Hello, my lovely! I will be honored and delighted to "check off" the prayer list! You keep focused and strong, and if you have to take some time to cry ~ it's sooooooo healthy... You're GOING to get through this!

I love you, doll!

Lynn said...

Kelly,
We have not met before. Please know that many prayers are coming your way. I can tell by reading your blog you are a very strong woman. May your faith continue to keep you strongth during this journey. We'll be praying for you.

Lynn

Janelle said...

Gosh, Kelley. I just have so much I want to say and so many hugs I want to give you! You, your family, your medical team are all in my prayers -- specifically. So glad Michael started a blog because I know I'll be eager (maybe frantic...) for updates. Hugs and prayers. Love you, girl!

Vanessa said...

I will pray for every single point!! Love you dear Kelley! I`ll check Michaels blog and will think of you every minute!! I am there with you in my heart! Big hugs!

Vanessa

Alanna said...

Kelley, my prayers are with you for a successful surgery and that you will feel comfort and strength after the physical pain is gone. I'm sure there will be plenty of emotional pain as well that might not heal as quickly.

Blessings to you and each member of your family.

Amy Heller said...

I will definitely be praying for all those things, Kelley. Take good care, remember to breathe. And also know this, the fact that you are acknowledging all those things that you WANT to come out of this, will, because you are aware of what you want as a result. This ride may be bumpy but you will weather it and so will your family. Much love, Amy

Jane said...

Too late.........I have been praying all that and more for you!! You'll be fine! You gotta have that Rocky theme song in your head and walk into that hospital with major kick-butt attitude!!!!!!!!
God bless!
xo

Karen said...

Kelley, you haven't left my mind since I read what is going on! Sending many more prayers up. Your strength is wonderful, a positive attitude goes a long way, but its okay to lean too. (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I'll continue to pray for you and especially Monday morning. You are in God's hands and He will see you through this!

~kelly marie~ said...

You are so brave! You will be in my thoughts and prayers on Monday (and before and after!). I look forward to following your husband's blog to check up on you. Big hugs from California.

Alison F. Collier said...

Kelley, anytime you are ready to talk to a group of teenage girls.....you know I can hook you up, right? Just give me a call! You, Michael and Carver are so very much in my prayers and on my heart. Saying I love you all just doesn't seem to be enough. I am here for whatever you may need. I know you have great family support, but as a friend, give me a call if you need me. We're heading back to TN from GA Sunday morning. I'll be in touch.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Oh, Kelley--I'm so thankful that I found your website---and that God is working in you even during this storm! Your prayer request have been heard---and God is listening and working!!!!

Thank you, God, that Kelley has a heart full of love, faith, and strength from you! I praise you that she is a fellow believer and that she is looking to you and the body of Christ during this difficult time. I pray that you would put a hedge of protection around her family as they bond together now to lift Kelley up. I pray that her husband and little boy (along with her) would continue to stay healthy and strong. I praise you that Kelley has a great set of doctors and nurses ready to help her physical body--and I praise you that you are healing her spirit!!! Lord, we know that you hear our prayers and that you work things out for the good...we pray that whatever Kelley is going through that you would use it to glorify YOU! We praise you and thank you for everything that you are working on for her future! Lord, THANK you that the test came back and stated that the cancer has not spread- we ask that this cancer would leave her body. We pray for her surgery on Monday morning- Lord, we ask for peace....for a power of love and power (2 Tim. 1:7). Lord we pray that Kelley and her family would continue to put their trust in you! Lord thank you for hearing our prayers! Thank you for Kelley! Thank you for all of her friends and family that are lifting her up! Lord, THANK YOU for Jesus! Thank you for covering our sins! We ask all of these things---in our precious Jesus' name--AMEN!!!

Helen F. said...

ALL of your requests are noted and will be prayed for! Take comfort in knowing you have so much support, love and the power of faith on your side tomorrow. God is so good to us and He will see you and your family through this, Kelley.

Rose said...

Kelly - I've been drawn to your blog from your beautiful creations and I feel like I've gotten to know a part of you from my visits. I've just read your last few posts and I can see that you've got such strength and courage. I am praying for you and know that God will be watching over you and your family through this. xo, Rosemarie

Anonymous said...

Kelley, Just wanted to tell you how much you and your family means to me, you guys have been so encouraging to me always and I know have a huge part in who I am today. I will be up like so many others in the morning praying for everything.
Love,
Anne Guiler

Carol said...

Kelley....
I love you and i'm praying for you. I feel like I have known you for years because my sister has. In fact - my bedroom is covered in pictures of you (and summer and Jenn and Andrea!)
Love, Carol

Sarah said...

Kelley, I have read back through your posts and I will be praying for you. I am a new in my walk with the Lord, but I have already seen the power of prayer first hand. Good luck and blessings and prayers for you tomorrow.