Monday, November 16, 2009

True Friend


Just wanted to pop on real quick and share a card! This is a card that CARDS mag regrettably could not publish at this time!! Ha ha!! That was for you Elise!! Elise is so funny!! This is what she suggested that I say instead of a CARDS reject! :)

I totally love this card! It is the same layout of a card that I made a few weeks ago for the Raspberry Suite Challenge. I changed the colors but that was it! I LOVE these colors together! Few cards that I make do I just want to sit out and stare at but this is one of them. I think it is just the combo of colors that makes it so appealing to me! I think that they are all my favorites of the PTI colors. That Scarlet Jewel is just gorgeous! Anyway... enough gushing over my card... I am really just gushing over the color combo... !! :)

Hope you are all having a terrific Monday! Carver is napping so this is a perfect time for me to sneak in a post!

I am so excited about the amazing creations that are already being linked to the Everything But the Kitchen Sink sketch challenge! It is so much fun to see our friends and new friends getting excited over the new challenge addition!! Thank you guys for your support! You are the best!! :)

Peace and Love!

Supplies:
Stamps - In Bloom and Background Basics Retro (PTI)
Paper - Rustic Cream, Kraft, Scarlet Jewel, and Ripe Avocado (PTI)
Ink - Scarlet Jewel, Ripe Avocado, True Black, Dark Chocolate (PTI)
Other - Cream Twine (PTI), Kaiser Clear Rhinestone, EK Success Embossed Curve punch, SUDimensionals and Corner Rounder

15 comments:

Carly said...

OMG this is gorgeous!!! I LOVE this card!!

Amy Heller said...

He, he! I love that they "regrettably could not publish at this time" !! I should have thought of that when mine were REJECTED! Probably would have made me laugh instead of cry (kidding!) LOL :) It is a beautiful card! I love the colors, too - it feels gemlike! Great job! Sorry it wasn't chosen - it should have been!

Christina Smith said...

Beautiful card! You make me smile!

Traveling Mama said...

I am encouraged that this beautiful card got turned down. Apparently I'm not CARDS' cup of tea because everyone of my submissions are rejects. Poor little cards! We may have to create Card Rejects Anonymous for them! LOL!

Cat said...

I really love the colour combination in this card Kelley, rich and elegant. Sorry it didn't get chosen for the CARDS mag, your work is lovely and I enjoy stopping by to look at your creations.

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous....and to the mag that wouldn't publish it, shame, shame, shame on them! Isn't Elise so polite....I love how she is soooo gracious! LOL! It is a beauty and I am glad you shared it with us!

Winter said...

What a beautiful card! I love those colors! That does sound better than rejects doesn't it?! I like that! :)

Stephanie said...

Love the card & the color combo! Just got a pack of scarlett jewel last month, so now I've got some ideas :) tfs!!

Elise said...

Ha HA! Oh, Kelley! That expression fits like a glove! Tee Hee You're FUN-KNEE! This IS darling, though! I can't believe the limitless well of craftilicious magic that pulses through you! This IS gorgeous and I would NOT be shy about resubmitting this in the future ~ you never know! I love it, darlin'! That flawlessly cut flower is AMAZING!

Vanessa said...

This sounds so much better!! And I loooove this adorable card! The flower is gorgeous! Have to stare at it for a while...

Hugs,
Vanessa

Courtney Baker said...

I do love this card - both times around. And yea that does sound a lot better. Maybe I should use that too! :)

Lynnette said...

Thanks for the idea to you and Elise on the verbiage for posting my upcoming cards that were not selected for publication. Your card is fab, and the colors are GORGEOUS!

Randee E said...

I personally LOVE this card. That flower is gorgeous and the colors are fab too! I am really in a kraft craze right now, I can't get enough of that color :0)

Jane said...

this is soooo GORGEOUS!!! perfection!

~kelly marie~ said...

Absolutely gorgeous! LOVE these colors!