Saturday, November 21, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #19




This is my submission for Dawn's latest color challenge! This is a busy time of year for birthday cards around here so it helps me to participate in these challenges to get color/sketch ideas! Plus... it is just fun, right? What is it about challenges? Is it that competitive nature in all of us coming out that makes us want to compete for the win? :) Or do people REALLY do it just because they want to play!?!? :) I think it is because we all want to make something that someone else likes! So... when your cards don't get picked for that challenge or that publication ... why do we keep doing it? Torture? ha...

Sorry for the ramble... have been in deep thought lately about a lot of things! :) And.... I... am one to talk about it... not just keep it inside and put on a pretty front! :) You all know I am crazy by now anyway.... right? :)

Back to the card.... Usually I am trying to think of the very best idea that I can possibly think of and make that card! This time... I just pulled out one of my Unity stamp sets and did my best to make it work. I think it turned out pretty! The picture doesn't do the colors, rhinestones, and stickles justice but... that is how it goes when you don't have a light tent or know how to work your camera! :)

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far! I had a baby shower to attend this morning and then we had Thanksgiving with Michael's side of the family this afternoon. So... I am going to spend the rest of the night taking care of things around the house! Until bedtime that is and I am sure I will be right back here.... visiting with you all! :)

Peace and Love!

Supplies:
Stamps - wherever you go (Unity), Handwritten Notes (PTI)
Paper - Dark Chocolate and White (PTI)
Ink - Dark Chocolate, Fresh Snow (PTI), Black StazOn
Other - copics, Raspberry Fizz ribbon (PTI), Kaiser Rhinestones, Labels One Nesties, SU Dimensionals, Star Dust Stickles

20 comments:

Maureen said...

fabulous, Kelley!! Love the flowers and bling!!

Melisa Hunter said...

Very pretty! Love the colours on the flowers. The label is striking on the chocolate brown background and the raspberry fizz ribbon just makes it!

Christina Smith said...

Beautiful!!! Look at you already got the card made for the challenge! You are amazing!

Amy Heller said...

Ahhh, that's gorgeous, Kelley! I love it!

Winter said...

Very pretty! I love the flowers! :)

Andrea M said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love all the flowers and that awesome ribbon! What a fantastic job with the challenge!

Carly said...

I think this is fabulous Kelley!! Gorgeous with all the bling!

Janelle said...

So pretty, Kelley! I bet those flowers are gorgeous in real life with the Stickles and the rhinestones. I enjoyed your "ramble" -- I have similar philosophical conversations with myself quite often, but right now my brain is too tired to be philosophical. I'll have to ponder why I do what I do some other time... although what I really want to do with any time I would have is make a card for a challenge or two!

Jessica said...

This is lovely, Kelley!! I love those colors can't wait to create something with them. I still have no clue. But you've definitely have inspired me so off I go to create :)

Cat said...

I love the way you have used the stickles and the colours in the flowers, it's very pretty Kelley. You know I think we all like to challenge ourselves and of course get really excited at being chosen as a winner it just gives us a bit of reassurance to be chosen as the winner, because it can be easy to get disheartened sometimes. I think that you have to try otherwise you will never know!:)

Jane said...

Brilliant! love it!

Anonymous said...

I just came over from Naomi (hello fellow blog-award-receiver ^^) and wanted to tell you that this is a great take on the challenge! I tried to make it work as well, even though lavender moon is SO not my colour ;) Best wishes from Germany!

Nancy L. said...

very pretty card! i get you on the challenge thingy! sometimes its just to get cards done, eventhough they don't get picked.

Daniela F. said...

Love the glitter and bling on the flowers! Beautiful card, Kelley :)

Stephanie said...

Mmmmm....a pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving - how wonderful :) Hope you enjoyed the time together. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays...well, I might say this about all holidays :)

Love the card (and all it's sparkle) & I love challenges, too...don't ya think it makes you feel part of the group & who wants to be an outsider! I've been trying to record challenges that I want to participate in on a mini calendar - too bad my other planner isn't allowing me much time to join in!!

Elise said...

I just wish I could have you here, IRL! Then I could pretend SLAP you! You have more talent in your lil' finger than much of the free world! The only problem is that this corner of the blog world is sooooooo full of talent that it seems lop-sided! hee hee You're FABULOUS and so is this darling card and your use of Dawn's delightful colors.... BRAVO! You just get feeling better and don't sweat the small stuff! K!?! xoxo- E.

Vanessa said...

Adorable card, Kelley! I love it!! Elise`s comment cracks me up - she`s right, sweet Kelley:)

Hugs,
Vanessa

farmhouse-story said...

kelley, your card is perfect for this challenge--i had a hard time with this one! you made it look easy!

Joan B said...

beautiful card

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great coloring. Way to rock the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.