Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hello


Hey girlies!! Hope you all had a great weekend! Saturday was busy for me but Sunday, while still busy, was much more relaxing. I was able to actually spend the rest of the day at home after church. I had hoped to take a nap but spent Carvers nap time taking pics of the cards that I made last night for the current PC call and then submitting them. I definitely needed a nap after that but wouldn't you know... as soon as I got finished with my last one... Carver woke up! Oh well!

I have high hopes for some early bed times this coming week! :)

This is a card that I made for the last PC call. Nothing fancy. I think the color combo is one of Dawn McVey's challenge combos from a while ago.

I will keep it short so I can get busy working on more cards. Feels good to be making cards... I missed it! And... I missed all of you. So glad to have caught up with most of you! Hope you guys have a fab Monday!

Peace and Love!

Edit: I just cleaned out my hotmail inbox and had this email from my friend, Alison. Please either post this info on your blog or... pass along to anyone that you know who may want to send this precious boy a card. Thanks... and Thanks Alison for sending it to me!

Noah Biorkman is a 5 year old boy who is in his last stages of neuroblastoma cancer after a 2 1/2 year battle. His family is celebrating Christmas early as they do not expect him to make it to Christmas. All he wants for Christmas is cards. There are many, many articles on his situation if you Google his name. If you are at all able to, please join in the efforts to make sure he gets more cards than he could ever imagine!!

Here is his address:

Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountain View Circle
South Lyon, MI 48178

Supplies:
Stamps - Background Basics Retro (PTI), Scripty Words (CHF)
Paper - Vintage Cream, Spring Moss, Hibiscus Burst, Melon Berry (all PTI)
Ink - Hibiscus Burst (PTI), VersaMark
Other - HB, SM, and MB buttons (PTI), Clear Emboss Powder, Square punch, SU Dimensionals, Corner rounder
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Elise said...

Oh, my dear creative wonder! Such a lovely card! You are such a delight! I wish you so very much luck with the latest round of submissions: it's time for you, my friend! This was a DARLING card, and I'm astonished it wasn't picked up, but now WE get to enjoy it! WAHOOO! Sorry you didn't get a nap in today - that's just all kinds of WRONG! (There's ALWAYS tomorrow!)

Vanessa said...

This card is so fab, I love every bit of it! I really really hope you`ll get published this time, sweet Kelley!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Cat said...

I'm loving this card Kelley. The colours and the layout are really pretty. Hope you get some more rest today.:)

Michele Kovack said...

What a sweet card....love the yummy colors!

Amy Heller said...

Oh, I love this card! Soo sweet! That is so sad about the little boy- I hate hearing about children suffering - it's heart breaking. TFS.

Courtney Baker said...

Glad you're back! This card is way cute. I love the clean lines!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh this is so fresh and juicy! Yum!

Carly said...

Gorgeous CAS card!! Love it! Rest up now!

Ann said...

This card is CAS perfection, my friend! I LOVE it!

Christina Smith said...

I will definitely be praying for that little boy! Thanks for sharing that info with us here! I've missed you! Your card is gorgeous! I just love those colors together! Glad you are back!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the colors and the simple design! :) I heard about that little boy last week and we actually made him some cards Sunday School yesterday, but thanks for the reminder to send them off! :)

~amy~ said...

darling card...really very cute...happy colors...love them.

sooo sad about Noah...breaks my heart..

Stephanie said...

This is definitely one of my favorite color combos and I love how you showcased it - so clean and crisp...the makeup of a perfect card :)

Good luck with the submissions - I got three cards done and submitted in the knick of time. I'm such the procrastinator!!

Janelle said...

I love this card, Kelley! Those squares and buttons at the bottom, sentiment at the side. I think it's perfect!