Thursday, August 6, 2009

Button Snowman Card


Well... it is another button card! You guys must be thinking... another one? ... because I am! :) I didn't realize that I had made so many. I still have 2 more Christmas cards and another non-Christmas button card to post. It seems like forever ago that I even made these! Anyway....

Believe it or not... I had a couple of new ideas come to me last night so I may have to get to work on those as well! And yes... they involve buttons. I seriously need an intervention! :)

I like this card pretty well! I wish I had either made a smaller card or had some bigger buttons to use. Mr. Snowman seems kind of small on that big ole' card!

Well... not a lot of rambling for me tonight (last night by the time most of you read this). We are actually getting in the bed a couple of hours early... for us!

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday! One more day until Friday! :)

Supplies:
Stamps - Snowflake Serenade, Holiday Wishes (both PTI)
Paper - Kraft, True Black (both PTI)
Ink - VersaMark, True Black and Dark Chocolate (PTI)
Other - White Vintage Buttons (PTI), Red Fun Fur (Lion brand)
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Maile Belles said...

He is soooooo cute!!! You are so creative with these buttons!

Tiffany said...

I am in LOVE with this card!!! so cute!! You should do like 3x3 note cards and sell them!! so cute!

Christina Smith said...

Super cute! I love all of your button cards!

Ann said...

This is super cute! Hey, if you're having a button intervention, then schedule a polka dot intervention for me...I can't STOP!!!

Karen said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHCCCCCKKKK!!!!! Oh KELLEY! This, this snowman, this Button Snowman, is just TOO stinkin' CUTE!!! I love his fantabulous red fiber scarf!! Really! PLEASE keep sharing and inspiring us with your oh too fun creative adventures! :>:>

(Summer has seemed to set in with me and I'm enjoying our last couple of weeks, before school starts, a bit here. But, the creative bug is still running in my head and I'm sure will run through my fingers soon enough! :> )

Janelle said...

I think it's super cute. Love his furry red scarf! Funny, I was dreaming buttons last night, too. Need to execute my dream card before I forget it!

Stephanie said...

He is sooooo cute....which made me think how easy & cute would little button snowmen be for tags! I love the look of the kraft cardstock on your card and the look of it for tags...hmmmm...I might have to make some of those :)

not now though...gotta go get my hair cut :)

LeAnne said...

Oh, this is sooooo cute! Is that hat a punch, or part of that PTI set (I am too lazy to go look it up!). Whichever it is, it is a sweet way to use buttons!

Amanda Winkelman said...

Well, girl- You've done it again...just when I think there can't be anymore cute creations with buttons that I haven't seen, you come up with another...way to go! And way to be on top of holiday stuff....I need to get there, but I'm still stuck on summer!

I did manage to get through ALL my patterned paper yesterday, and I actually got ruthless and got rid of a bunch...well it actually moved out of my stamping cabinet into the rubbermaid of craft stuff for the kiddos....but that counts, right?

Dana Gustafson said...

I'm glad you are on a button bender! It's inspiring! Love this little guy!

Meredith said...

I know I've said it before but I really love the buttons...
And that cupcake card was SO cute!!

Winter said...

First of all, I will never get tired of the button cards! I love them! :)

Alanna said...

This might be my most favorite button card that you've made. It's awesome and I'm definitely going to have to lift it.

~amy~ said...

super darling Kelley!!!

~kelly marie~ said...

I am in love with this snowman! This is the cutest card! I am ready for Christmas with this card now!

Ali said...

Very creative, NOW I have a use for some of my burgundy eyelash yard:)- Use for little cutie Snowman Scarves! LOL ~ Ali

Ali said...

That would be eyelash YARN not yard. Typo! Ack