Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chickadee


Well... this is the last of the button cards that I made a while ago. I used the Everyday Button Bits from PTI for the beak and the legs but I used a Fancy Flourish for the tail. I am sure this looks nothing like a chick with that big flourishy tail but hey... it is all good in card world, right?

I think I am going to be MIA, as far as visiting other blogs and commenting, for a few days. I am getting so frustrated with my laptop. I can get as far as visiting one blog and leaving a comment and then my machine starts opening a gazillion new windows and I have to hit the power button to turn it off. So... know that if I don't visit you for a couple of days... I still love ya! :)

I am able to post as long as I don't go through Picasa. So... that is good! I guess I am just going to have more time to make cards for the next few days!

My husband is multi-talented and does computer work on the side. I should have let him rebuild my machine when he asked to do it a while back because now he has several other computers he is working on for businesses so.... they come first! Momma needs a new set of stamps! HA!
Oh... and for those sweet ladies who have given me blog awards lately... I haven't forgotten. As soon as I can get my machine in proper working order... I plan to pass those on to some other sweet ladies!

Hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday!

Supplies: all PTI
Stamps - Everyday Button Bits, Fancy Flourishes
Paper - SS White
Ink - True Black, Chai Tea Dye
Other - Lemon Tart Buttons

21 comments:

Ann said...

I love the flourish tail! So cute!

Winter said...

Hey Kelley! Very cute! I love the tail! I know what you mean about the laptop messing up, I open my internet on AOL, but I also have Internet Expolorer on my computer too, for some weird reason, sometimes it will open about 10 to 15 windows (of the same window) up at one time! It freezes up and then I have to hold the power button to shut it down! I was just thinking today, that mine has been working really good the past month (I better knock on wood)! :) My computer guy said it didn;t ever do it to him, when he took it home to fix it! Go figure! Anyway, if you figure it out, let me know, your problem sounds very simliar to mine! Hope you get it fixed! :)

Christina Smith said...

I've had that happen to my computer too. It's SUPER annoying!!! Cute card!!

Maile Belles said...

This is TOO CUTE!!! What a fabulous idea, the flourish tail is perfect! Love this!

Tiffany said...

omg!! I did not read your post!! im so sorry but i will tomorrow i just had to comment on your super cute chick!! lol!! omg you are so creative with these buttons!

Vanessa said...

Hi Kelley! This is so creative, love the flourish tail!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Jane said...

This is so ADORABLE!!

Janelle said...

Oh, my goodness! This is GREAT, Kelley. I would never in a million years have thought of it. I hope you're entering it in PTI's August Guest Start Stamper contest. I think it's brilliant. Sorry about your computer troubles. I've had that happened several times and it makes it look like my laptop is possessed! Hope yours is exorcised soon! Fantastic card! (I used those exact stamps yesterday and will be posting them soon -- not nearly as cute as yours!)

Stephanie said...

that darn computer!!! well, when you get back to bloggin'...be sure to check out this post - I have lots of reason for your head to swell!! which, I might add, you totally deserve!! you are the sweetest thing and sooooo very talented!

I'm lovin' the flourish tale you added to this little guy - shake a tail feather :)

Carly said...

This is too adorable for words!! Fabulous card!!! I totally see this as a GSS winner! :-)

laos348 said...

This is super cute! Love how you used this set and the buttons. Like the flourish tail too - just perfect.

Courtney Baker said...

This is so cool. It kind of looks like a peacock. So pretty.

Kristina said...

Isn't it the absolute worst when computers don't work? There are few things that can drive me as crazy. Here's hoping you are back up and running in no time at all!

In the meantime, what a great idea to combine the two sets... See, it's little things like that I would have NEVER thought of doing. That little flourish looks like it was meant to be a chicky tail!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute, especially the tail!

-Summer

LeAnne said...

Adorable! I hate computer problems, so just give it a break==no sweat, we know you'll be back!

Lynnette said...

Girl, I love your button cards. If you take a break from them, don't make it too long! They are so fun. And this card, is so great. I love the concept, what a creative idea. The fluorished tail, the double button bird, it is all great!

BTW, my computer is dying. I know it is, but I'm going to wait before it completely croaks before spending the dollars on a new one. Bleh

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh Kel! The BUTTONS, the swirly TAIL...the ....BUTTONS!!!! I love it! My computer intermittently does that window opening stuff too. Hopefully your DH can figure out how to fix it all up. Can't wait to see what you come back with during all of your computer down time. SO excited to see what you make.

Ali said...

Just "flourishing-ly" (LOL) beautiful!!

Betty Wright said...

WOW!!! I LOVE this flourished tail chickie!!! Great idea and design!!! Fabulously done, Kelley!!!

~kelly marie~ said...

This card is amazing!!! Absolutely inspired to use the flourish as the tail! Just love it!

Mari said...

I LOVE THIS CHICK! What a wonderful idea! Thank you, Kelley!