Monday, August 3, 2009

O Christmas Tree


I promise... I just have a few more Christmas and button cards left to post. :) I have just been posting one a day because I go through periods of time where I don't get to do anything crafty. That seems to be the case lately so I am glad I have these stashed away to share. I like to post everyday! I like to talk to you guys everyday! :)

I want to say "Thanks" to all of you who offered up some Etsy advice. I am still not certain what I will do but I think at some point I will just have to go ahead and give it a try! Maybe!?!?! I know a lot of you said that you would like a readers digest version of what I found out. Basically... it seems like (what we all probably already know) is that most people who buy/look on Etsy are cardmakers/crafters themselves. So... this might make it difficult to sell your items unless they are very unique or you are well known for your work. This is not very encouraging as I don't fit in either of those categories so... I guess I will sit on it a little while longer and try to be more diligent in praying about it! For now... I think I will stick with the craft fairs this fall and see how that goes. If I do well again this year, I might go ahead and give Etsy a try.

Ok... so enough Etsy talk! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Mine went by too quickly!

Supplies:
Stamps - Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper - Rustic Cream, Ripe Avocade Bitty Box (both PTI)
Ink - True Black, Dark Chocolate and Ripe Avocado for edges (all PTI)
Other - Enchanted Evening, Scarlet Jewel, New Leaf, White buttons (all PTI), Cosmo Cricket Buck Naked Ornaments, Rustic Jute Twine (PTI)
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Kristina said...

Sweet and simple. Love how you turned the buttons into garland!

Traveling Mama said...

This is super cute! I've been working on getting my etsy shop ready. We are going to sell my cards and some other surprises plus my husband's photography. We are going to use 100% of the proceeds to fund a school project here. It has been a LOT of work but I'm looking forward to it!

Alanna said...

Another great button card. This is so cute.

I've left an award for you on my blog.

~amy~ said...

a-dorable card Kelley!!!

Thanks for your readers digest version of Etsy! So many of my non-crafty friends haven't heard of Etsy...I'm busy spreading the word because I do buy stuff from there...love the place :)

Stephanie said...

okay...this IS my favorite button/Christmas card...don't post anymore b/c it's hurting my head to keep changing my mind :)

Here's what I love: (in an organized list)
- the distressed edges of the card
- the dp used for the tree (love that from PTI)
- the button garland (or ornaments if that's how ya see it)
- that star!!!
- the sweet simple nature of the entire card

I may have to make a couple of these...which reminds me...I think I dreamt about a card idea using buttons, but I can't remember what it was...gosh darn it - I hate when that happens :)

have a great day, Kelley!

Courtney Baker said...

Cute card Kelley. Interesting remarks about etsy.

Christina Smith said...

Did you cut out the tree or was that a die cut? I really like this card, a lot!! I love the enchanted evening color with the green and red! And of course I just love all of the buttons!

Carly said...

That is the cutest Christmas tree ever!! Love it!

Ann said...

Ohhh, be still my heart! LOVE all those yummy buttons!

Randee E said...

You are rocking these buttons!! I've loved every creation you made. My MIL raided her stash and gave me a bunch of from her stash for my b-day. I'm going to need to try some of these ideas out. So cute, so fun!

Kristina said...

Hehe. Don't worry about the award... I actually have the one you gave me scheduled to post next week. :)

Did I mention I love the button garland on this card? It just makes me happy every time I see it!

Christina Smith said...

I'm not sure what kind of sewing machine I have. haha! It's packed in a box somewhere, so I can't go look. *sad face* It's not a Singer. Yikes, there's another cruise ship. ha! (sorry, easily distracted)

Maile Belles said...

What a great card!!! Love the button garland and the star button at the top of the tree! Such a good use for those buttons. Love your break down on Etsy's, it's always best to turn to God in prayer,it will happen in Gods timing! :)

Meredith said...

I am loving all the button and Christmas cards! (I sometimes can't comment...don't know why?) ANYWAY, I have been checking in daily and wanted to say thanks for all the sweet comments you leave on my blog!

LeAnne said...

Sweet!!!!

Jane said...

I say you go for it! I would buy your cards! I will buy a card (or anything for that matter) because I like it and NOT because of WHO made it! And this xmas card rocks!!

Winter said...

Very cute! Thanks for the reminder about Christmas cards, I still haven't started mine! :)

Amanda Winkelman said...

Kelley, I don't know how I just saw this card now....like a whole day after you posted it. Girl- you are on a roll with buttons! I absolutely love the button tree garland. You are quite clever, my friend!

Ali said...

Oh Gosh-- how adorable!! Button fanatic here... LOL~ Ali