Friday, August 7, 2009

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #18

This weeks Stamptacular Challenge was titled, "Child's Play". I thought this was the perfect opportunity to use one of my newest stamp sets. I love this set! I snagged it at Michaels, on sale, for about 5 bucks. I couldn't pass it up since I have a 2 year old boy and could envision using the boy and girl, in the set, many times in the next few years!

Princess Shay is my great niece, Shaylyn! Shaylyn lives in another state so I don't see her as often as I would like. I thought I would try being a better great aunt and send her a little note. Shaylyn is 3 years old and the cutest little girl you have ever seen. She is the spitting image of her daddy (my nephew). Carver talks about "Shay Shay" a lot after one of her visits. He usually says, "Shay Shay is pretty"! :)

Happy Friday!!

Supplies:
Stamps - Dress Up (Me & My Big Ideas)
Paper - Pretty in Pink (SU), White (PTI), Lemonade (Basic Grey)
Ink - True Black (PTI), Pretty In Pink (SU)
Other - Copic Marker, Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger), Clear Rhinestones, Making Memories Tiny Alpha
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hi Kelley! Wow, just browsed through your posts, you have some fab creations here! Love your buttons ideas, I loooove buttons, too! Just ordered all PTI buttons :) Haven`t told my husband yet ;)
Love this card!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Liza said...

Great card and image, I love how you have done her dress. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Janelle said...

Lots of nice details here, Kelley. Love her dress, the glittery crown with "diamonds" on the tips, her name -- it's all just great. I'm sure the pretty "Princess Shay" will love it!

Alanna said...

Fabulous card Kelley. I love the bling.

Carly said...

That is the cutest stamp!!! What a sweet card!

Christina Smith said...

What an adorable card! I spy that new Basic Grey paper!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Kelley, love the image and the paper pieced dress.

Thanks for joining us this week at SSC.

Joanne x

Cindi said...

Shay will LOVE this, Kelley. She plays dress up all the time and dresses like a princess all the time. My dream is to take her to Disney World someday so she can see Cinderella and all the princesses there. She MADE me buy her a ballerina outfit at Lifeway when I was in there buying a book. NANA COULD NOT SAY NO! I'm shameful! Ruled by a 3 year old! I love to spoil her! She will just LOVE your card! I'll email you my latest Shay photo and you are more than welcome to post it on your website beside the card you made for her so that all your friends can see your great niece. Love the snowman card too! What great button ideas you come up with!! I have tons of buttons that I need to give to you for your creations. Love you!

Karen said...

Isn't that the sweetest little girl card?! My daughter is the same age and I just know she would GASP if I showed her this! A Princess, some sparkle, and just oh soooo sweet...PERFECT! :>

Sprytebyrd said...

This is such a cute card! Love that stamp set, what a great find!
Thanks so much for joining us at SSC this week! See you again soon!
Dee

Winter said...

So sweet! I love the crown and she will love it too! :)

Julie said...

Hooray for Princess Shay! It's so lovable!

Jane said...

I so have to get this princess for my daughter!!! love it!!

Anonymous said...

very cute card perfect for any little girl. Thank you for taking part at ssc

Anonymous said...

Cute card!

Thanks for joining us at SSC!

Janneke X

Stephanie said...

Shay will love this little princess, and I bet you'll get a ton of use from the set...don't you just love when you have sets like that!!