Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Taylored Expressions #76



This is my first time playing along with a Taylored Expressions Challenge. I have been checking out the weekly sketch for a while but have not played because I didn't have any cupcake stamps. Cupcake stamps are not required but cupcakes are kind of Taylor's thing. I like eating cupcakes (and any other sweets... just ask Alison... I ate 50 of her cookies tonight at our SU workshop) but I usually don't gravitate to food stamps. ANYWAY... :) I remembered that I have some chipboard cupcakes and this sketch was the perfect opportunity for me to use one.

I also think this card is perfect to post tonight/today because of the sentiment! I have the best blog readers EVER! You all are so sweet and I appreciate each and every one of you! I was in a funk last night and you guys sure know how to lift a girls spirits! Thank you all again for your sweet comments! U R sweet! I will try my best to stay out of those funks... they are not fun for anyone! I don't like being in them and am sure you don't like to read about it! Ha!

Well.... that is all... I am going to bed soon. Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

Supplies:
Stamps - Polka Dot Basics (PTI)
Paper - Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze... the best color ever (both SU), Pure Poppy Bitty Box, Notebook Paper (The Paper Studio)
Ink - VersaMark, Chai Tea Dye (PTI)
Other - American Crafts Vinyl Thickers, Making Memories Tiny Alpha, American Crafts Red Zing Emboss Powder, Colorbok The Sweet Life Chipboard

Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Ann said...

Ohhh, this is SO sweet! I love cupcake cards! :D

Janelle said...

So cute, Kelley! Good enough to eat -- hmmm. I think I'm going to go looking for a sweet breakfast this morning. Maybe cinnamon rolls? Yum. My tummy thanks you! (But my thighs don't!)

Alanna said...

Fabulous card Kelley. Great job with Taylor's sketch and that cupcake looks so yummy and inviting. Have a great Wednesday.

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness...this is absolutely a-stinkin-a-dorable!!!!!!!

You know what? funks are okay..I think it's a way for us to get through schtuff..kwim? We are all here for ya...that's what I love about this hobby and very large circle of peeps...it really is a wonderful thing...

Carly said...

Wow 50 cupcakes! Love the card! Hummm....I think I'm getting hunger for a cupcake! :-)

Maile Belles said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Love your take on the sketch, turning the image on an angle!

Christina Smith said...

I'm really drawn to the cupcakes lately. You know that set by PTI with the cupcakes? I think I'm going to have to get that! Such a cute card, Kelley!

Stephanie said...

I love the look of notebook paper on cards, but ask me how many times I've included it on one of my own!!!

Thank you so much for all of *your* sweet comments - I enjoy reading them as much as visiting your blog. and, I'm happy that you feel the same way :)

btw...I wanted to give you credit for the inspiration to get my rear in gear with my button card, but the news of the shooting didn't leave me in the bloggin' mood....stay tuned b/c you've inspired me for more than just one card :)

Amanda Winkelman said...

So you've had a button addiction....I'm predicting a cupcake addiction next! Ha! Cute card by the way....emial me your address and I'll send ya some cupcake stamps! I have too many! Hope ya have a great day...I'm off to make waffles with strawberries & whip cream for the gang!

Tiffany said...

thanks! I love this card!! i love the cupcake!! I looked around at shops on etsy and looked what was selling most. I took all my paper packs and 6x6 papers sell also the mini album kits and tags! I was working on the cutest tags i have ever made and i did not test my sewing machine i just went for it! i ruined it! i tried to salvage them but i made them worse!! ugh!! lol!!

LeAnne said...

Ah, you can post about your funk anytime! This is fun enough to pull anyone out of a funk!!!! Love it! Yummy!

KatieTurtle said...

Very fancy! Not your typical style but I love it!

KatieTurtle said...

You do have a style Kelley ;) Sometimes others see it even when you don't! YOu are definately clean lines and edges and you got a little funky on this card! :)

Randee E said...

Love this Kelley! Love all of the sparkles and other textures you used on this card. I'm sure you're Button Bits idea will be fabulous :0) Can't wait to see it!

Winter said...

Very sweet! I love the cupcake! I have a big cupcake stamp, and I have never used it, I guess I need to break it out! :)

Beka said...

Kelley!! I just got your comments you sent me! haha obviously I don't have my blog set up to tell me haha but you made my day by following my blog! haha Also, I'd love to come see y'all and check out your stamps! haha they are expensive!! haha and I'd love to come take some pictures of Carver! He's growing so fast!! I love yall soo much and, of course, this card is ADORABLE! I don't know what you do it!