Thursday, August 20, 2009

You're Getting Very Sleepy

Now give us all your candy!

I love these BG Gamma girl and boy images! When I first saw them, I thought they were a little too freaky and didn't buy them. I had to get them later on because I couldn't quit thinking about them. I love $1 stamps! I think all of my favorite companies should sell $1 stamps, don't you? :)

I have been itching to play with them so... I finally did! I stamped the images last night and colored them with copics but I was having a hard time finishing it off. I wanted to see how copics would color on kraft paper. I ended up liking it so I cut the paper to make a 4x4 card.

Today, I added all of the letter stickers. Can you tell that I am into letter stickers these days? I get frustrated because I don't have a lot of sentiment stamps. I wish there were a better selection out there of different/unusual sayings. For the most part, they are all the same. Letter stickers solves this problem for me! Plus... I think they just look cool! If you guys have any sentiment suggestions... please let me know! I know I could be really creative and print my own but my printer won't run cardstock through it!

So... I saw Courtney tonight at church and she had some new PTI goodies for me! I ordered all the new buttons... oh my goodness... I love the red and darker purple buttons the most! I can't wait to use them! Maybe I should shut up and do that now!

One more thing before I go... speaking of buttons... I got an honorable mention at Nichole Heady's blog today! Woo Hoo! The category was best use of buttons. Nichole chose my chickadee card as an honorable mention! Sweet!

Hope you guys have a wonderful Thursday!

Supplies:
Gamma girl and boy stamps by Basic Grey, Only Orange (SU), and Kraft (PTI) paper, Black StazOn, Vintage Photo Distress Ink (ranger), EK Success tiny alpha stickers, Doodlebug Tangerine stickers, copics
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

Yahooooooooo on the honorable mention!!! That absolutely rocks!!!! Love your BG girl and boy card....I think they are such fun images...I have them too but haven't really played with them...your card is super adorable!!

Jane said...

congrats on the honorable mention........I just love that card!
And the card on this post soooo reminds me of my kids!!! ;)

Tiffany said...

those kids are too cute!! Looks like my son when he wants candy!! haha!! luckily i have him thinking vitamin c is candy!! lol!! I also freeze grapes and tell him they are mini ice creams!! We will see how long it last!!

Vanessa said...

Congratulations Kelley!! I was so happy to see your cute chickadee card mentioned! Love it! Those letter stickers are great, I think I have to get some! My printer isn`t working at all :(

Hugs,
Vanessa

Courtney Baker said...

Do your buttons look as good in your tubes as they do in the package?

Maile Belles said...

Congrats on the Honerable Mention!!! You totally deserve it, that Chickadee of yours was such a creative idea! Can't wait to see what you creat with your new goodies!!!

Winter said...

Oh, Congrats on the honorable mention! WooHoo! Maybe try printing on regular colored paper, then adhereing it to cardstock for thickness. I hope that might help! :)

Christina Smith said...

I saw that honorable mention about you! Whoohoo! The letter stickers are so fun!

Randee E said...

These guys crack me up :0) And I think the sentiment is PERFECT!! I love the zombie, deer in the headlights look - where did you get them? Michaels, Archivers, online? Please do tell :0) And woot woot on your little birdie! I knew he was special as soon as I saw him :0)

Dana Gustafson said...

It was that fancy tail that did it for sure! I loved your PTI winning card!

And your zombie kids are hilarious! THat's what my girls look like when they've come off a candy bender! he hee hee

Amanda Winkelman said...

Kelley.....love those little people on your card! And I must concur, all sentiments are too similar, aren't they....have you checked out A MUSE sentiments, or The Cat's Pajamas? They have some that are a bit different. I came over here because I saw your honorable mention on Nicole's blog, and was going to tell you.....guess I'm a bit behind things.....LOL! Hope ya have a great day, girl!

Lynnette said...

You go girl. Congrats on the nod at Nichole's blog. Very cool!! I love your cute "freaky" kid card and personalized sentiment:)

Ann said...

Wooohoooooo!!!! I saw your card on Nichole's blog and totally did a happy dance for you!!!!

Janelle said...

Such a funny card, Kelley! Love those freaky little kids and your words are perfect with the images! Great coloring, too. I'm so behind on blog reading -- and really need to get back to cleaning my office. Just decided to take a little break (about an hour ago...) :( Must finish the work at hand. Love everything you've posted in the last 4 days (including "fly boy")!

~kelly marie~ said...

So cute!! This card has totally made me smile!