Saturday, August 15, 2009

Jacksonbelle Challenge


Sometimes it is nice to make a card with no stamping so I was excited to see Jacksonbelle's latest challenge... no stamping! I knew immediately that I wanted to play along!

I think I have a new obsession... and it is all Tina's (aka Travelingmama) fault!! I usually make the standard size cards that fit in the A2 envelopes. However... PTI is releasing new envelope sizes today! Woo Hoo! I feel like I can actually do something different now. Very liberating! :) I guess I have just been lazy about finding different sizes of envelopes.

I had just read Tina's post, about her 4x4 cards, right before I started working on my challenge card. I cut the squares with a punch and then decided I wanted a mat behind. Guess what size the mat was... that's right 4x4! I thought... hey.. I can make a 4x4 card now! I will just leave it as is instead of adhering it to a bigger card. So.... I LOVE THIS SIZE CARD! Again... new obsession alert! Thanks a lot Tina! :)

This paper is by Crate Paper! I have had it for a while but haven't used it yet! Oh my... I love it! It even feels great!

Well... enough rambling! Happy Saturday!!

Supplies:
Paper - Kraft (PTI), Little Sprout Collection (Crate Paper)
Ink - Chai Tea Dye for edges (PTI)
Other - Rustic Jute Twine and Rustic Wood Button (PTI), Little Sprout Glitter Die Cut
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Denise Clark said...

Your card is just so sweet! Love the size! The papers are very pretty! Where did you find those envelopes?

Christina Smith said...

I'm loving this card! I like the way you took a picture of it too! Beautiful! That's fun with the new sizes. I stay with the standard card size. I guess I never think about getting out of that size. Ha!

Stephanie said...

Hi Kelley!!

I don't like this being busy business!!! I can't make my rounds :) Such a cute card - love all the patterns & how you added the button! The best part about making a card with no stamping is the clean up :) I saw those envies, too....so enticing!!

Unfortunately, the paycheck issue isn't lookin' good...stinkin' stubborn government - just compromise already and pass a budget! It's frightening about the other human service agencies that haven't gotten any state funding either since June. I teach gifted students (K-12), seeing the K-8'ers daily for class and the 'old' ones occassionally for monthly adviser meetings, competitions, and when they catch me in the hallway or in my room when they have a pass somewhere else (little stinkers). I've had the same kiddos for 7 years now...it'll be tough this May when my seniors graduate (even if they do everything in their power to drive me crazy)

Carly said...

OH this is amazing! Love those papers!! Just gorgeous and you go girl with your 4x4 cards! I like it!

Janelle said...

What a cute baby card, Kelley. Can't wait to see lots more 4x4 cards! :)

Winter said...

Cute baby card! I love the papers! I like to make different size cards too, but the envelope issue holds me back! I bought a package of differnet size envelopes at Big Lots, I thought about using them as a template and making my own. But I haven't done it yet! :)

Maile Belles said...

Adorable card!!! Beautiful PP, love the touch of twine!

Randee E said...

So stinkin' cute!! Love the vintagey homespun look of this card :0) remnds we of a well loved quilt! Love it!

Alanna said...

This is so cute Kelley. I am also excited about the new envelopes offered by PTI. I'll be ordering some for sure. I love making square cards.

LeAnne said...

Very sweet! I love the rustic feel of this--and NO stamping???? I have not had a chance to look at all the PTI goodies released yet....I am sure the ones I want will be out of stock! I heard about the envelopes too! Gonna check it out!

Heather said...

This is adorable! I love all the colors and texture! Thanks for playing along with our challenge!

Jill said...

This is really cute! I love the homespun kinda feel it has to it. Super job!

Traveling Mama said...

Awww! I'm so glad I could inspire you! Don't you just LOOOOVE these papers? I cannot get enough of them! Your card is super cute!

~kelly marie~ said...

This card is such a cutie! That is a hard challenge to do something without stamping! You lived up to the challenge well!! (By the way, I am on a commenting spree. I finally have time to catch up with all the blogs I love, like yours! I hope you don't mind my comment attack!)