Saturday, August 29, 2009

Stamping Moxie Fab




Well... Friday night was my last night to stamp so I decided to make two cards for this Moxie Fab Challenge! Since the challenge was stamping... I just wanted to stamp on my cards. I did use my crayola colored pencils on the first card and added a little bling on the second card but other than that.... stamps and ink baby!

I am going to miss stamping for a few days! I hope my mojo doesn't stay at the beach after we leave! :)

However, after reading Janelle's post, I think I am in need of a blog vacation! I feel guilty A LOT because I spend a lot of time blogging, blurfing, or dreaming about blogging, making cards, and blurfing! :) So... this will be a much needed get away for us to share some family time. Carver is growing up so fast and I don't want to be so consumed with my blog and crafting! I love it so much but... I need to make sure that my family gets the attention they deserve and need! I almost hate that I have finally found what I think is 'my thing' (meaning... hobby) and it takes up so much of my time. I need to do a better job with time management and maybe get over my 'MUST POST EVERYDAY' obsession! :)

Wow... didn't mean to get into all that but I am sure most of you who will read this totally understand what I am saying!

I am sure though that I will be checking in from time to time on your blogs. I KNOW my hubby won't be able to stay off his computer the whole time we are gone so while C is napping, I guess we will be on laptops doing our thing! :) Or napping!

I hope you all have a blessed Sunday and a wonderful week next week! :) Peace and Love!

Oh... and if you think about me while you are blogging/blurfing.. please say a prayer for safety and some great family time! We would appreciate it!

Supplies: (merry christmas)
Stamps - merry christmas (bo bunny)
Paper - kraft (pti)
Ink - black stazon, chai tea dye (pti)
Other - corner rounder (thinking of you maile), crayola colored pencils

Supplies: (seasons greetings)
Stamps - take a bough (pti)
Paper - white (pti)
Ink - dark chocolate, new leaf, scarlet jewel, true black, ripe avocado, pure poppy, enchanted evening (all pti)
Other - kaiser rhinestones, corner rounder
Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

Ann said...

Ah, good ol' stamped cards--love 'em! Enjoy your time away--NO guilt or apologies necessary! We all spend too much time blogging/crafting at different points--breaks and family time are important. Have FUN!!!

Christina Smith said...

Girl, I hear ya! I spend way too much time on the computer. It's really bothering me and I want to change that. Enjoy your vacation!! I know you are!

Christina Smith said...

Oh, and I forgot to say that I really like the cards. So cheerful!

~amy~ said...

fabbie cards Kelley...I haven't been able to do any of the current mfw challenges...I TOTALLY get the blog vacation...it IS a time-consuming hobby, isn't it? My google reader is filled with such inspiration filled blogs that I just have to take a peek at them daily...I've been trying to make my weeks worth of cards on the weekends but still end up blurfing so much during the week...vicious circle....

anyways...have a magnificent vaca!!!!!!!!!

Jane said...

gorgeous card!! my mojo went on holiday...that's why I'm doing buttons now!! ;)

Traveling Mama said...

Love these too! Happy vacation! Bon voyage!

It's Jenn! said...

Your colored pencils did that???? Wow! Gonna have to dig in my son's art drawer, hehehe. Both cards are super cute! Putting me in the mood to make more Christmas cards. I love how you don't stick with the standard red, green, and gold.

I totally get you about the blog thing. My craft room and computer are set up in the back of the house, so when I'm doing my thing, I sort of distance myself from the family. Hubby doesn't mind since he has his laptop, but I sometimes feel I'm neglecting the kiddo.

Have a safe trip and TONS of fun and family time on your vacation. You know we'll be here patiently waiting for whenever you get the chance to post, no rush!

Courtney Baker said...

Great card Kel. You know I think we all get to that point where we have an awakening to blogging. It's so fun, but truly there are so many more important things in the world. This weekend at the Beth Moore conference she was saying, at the end of our lives we will have done what we wanted to do. I've been thinking about that a lot. What do I want my life to look like when I look back. Anyways... sorry to get on my little spill!

Betty Wright said...

These are fabulous, Kelley!!! I just posted, but I do not see my comment. If you get two...oops!!! Prayers Blessings for you and yours for a safe and relazing trip!

Janelle said...

Just read all the comments so far... maybe we need a support group. Of course, we'd have to do it online. And that would take more time. And feed our computer addictions. Hmmm. :)
Love your cards, as usual. You do such great work!
Have a super, fabulous vacation with your family!!

Winter said...

Cute cards! I like the colored pencils on kraft, I think I need to try that! I hear you about the computer and crafting taking up so much time! I feel guilty when it takes away from the kids! :( I really LOVE blogging and crafting, because I to feel like I have finally found something I enjoy! But I know the family is so much more important! I need to learn time management too! I have been trying to just craft and blog stuff when the kids are in school and when they are home I spend time with them! I just don't want to get selfish with me time! I love them too much! I will be praying for ya'll to have a safe trip and a relaxing time on your vacaction! God Bless! :)

Stacy Kay Brais said...

Cute cards and have fun at the beach..:)

Alanna said...

Great cards Kelley. As far as time management and sometimes that crafting and blogging can consume our time, I totally understand. I suppose it's all about balance in all things. And as much as I like coming to visit here every day, posting every day is a lot to do and nobody would think twice if your posts slowed down a bit.

I hope you have a great time with your family at the beach. Sounds like fun.

Vanessa said...

Love them both, Kelley! Great colouring! And I totally understand, too! I hope you enjoy your time with your family (but I am glad when you are back!)!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Lisa H. said...

beautiful cards! and Right on sistha! I struggle with the time balance of blogging and crafting almost daily, yet here I sit day after day. I think I need to remind myself that I don't have to post every day! have a great vacation!

Randee E said...

Great cards kelley - I just colored on kraft and needed some white. I used chalk ink and it worked but NEVER even thought about the colored pencils!! Darn it!! :0) Hope you are having a wonderful time soaking up the sun. Enjoy your time with your family and take lots of pictures - with you in them. I realized I have lots of the kids, and not enough family ones - those are important too.

Stephanie said...

Blogging and visiting are sooooo addictive - I really have to kick myself to get my 'real' work done....especially now that school's back in session. You've always impressed me with how well you keep up with creating, posting, commenting, and being Michael's wife and Carver's mom at the same time! I think it's great that they see you as 'you' in addition to mom and wife - plus we get to see all your craftiness as well :)

The cards are terrif! I just love the colored ornaments on kraft - perfect for Cath's challenge. I'm hopin' to pull some Christmas stuff out & play this weekend, but I may be getting company from out of state. Maybe they'll want to stamp, too :)

Elise said...

Looks like your prayers have been answered! I love ALL of your vacation pictures: truly breathtaking! I had to scroll down to see when you last had a chance to make some stampy goodness and was not DISAPPOINTED! You are always so prolific in your crafting, but I DO understand how sometimes you just need a break from the BLOG baby! hee hee I'll continue to think good thoughts for you and your family for a safe return home and that you may ease back into the blog world at your own pace! xo- Elise

Jessica said...

These cards are really cute Kelley! I love how you colored in the ornaments on the first card!

~kelly marie~ said...

Gorgeous cards! The ornaments on the first card are so cool!