Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Daddy's Girl and A Mention

On Monday night, I made my dad and my dad-in-law a Father's Day card. I was really happy with how they both turned out. This is the card that I made for my dad.

That same day, I had finally finished organizing my craft room. Whoo Hoo! The last thing I did was to go through all my scraps. I eliminated the papers that I would not use.... the ones I bought in packs YEARS ago. Then I put all of my basic grey scraps in with the rest of my basic grey paper, etc.

While I was going through them all, I found these corrugated cardboard scraps. At some point, I got them in one of those scrap paper packs but I did not remember having them. I immediately pulled them out and put them in my new "new stuff and cool stuff" basket. I have soooo much stuff (after 10 years of collecting and not using much of it) that I decided to set up a basket right by my desk with anything and everything that I could use right now on cards and scrapbook pages. It is sort of an inspiration station (as Mish might say)!

I am so happy to have my craft room better organized. It helps to go through all of my stuff every so often so I can be reminded of what I have and that I DON'T NEED ANYTHING ELSE! That feeling is only temporary though! :-)

Back to the card... I cut out my cardboard scrap with the Nestabilities Labels One. I have wanted these for so long. I just love them! Then I cut the long sticker sentiment from Bo Bunny into thirds and stuck it on my label. I added some black brads (from Jenni Bowlins yard sale) and adhered it with SU Dimensionals. I also stamped the arrow, from Basic Grey Whirlie Arrows , in Dark Chocolate from PTI and then I paper pierced the arrow just to add a little something else! I sponged all the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink and I was done!

Really easy card and I love the results! I think it is mainly because of the sentiment... so sweet and so true! I was a daddy's girl! I have heard many times, from many family members, about how I would always be sitting in my daddy's lap when I was a young girl! I love my Daddy!

Ok... so I had this post typed up and scheduled already when I saw that Nichole Heady had posted the June Guest Star Stamper winners on her blog. I had to come back and add this paragraph because when I went to look at her post, I saw that the card I had made for my nephew was an honorable mention! Whoo Hoo! That is so exciting! That was my first time submitting and was very surprised and honored to have one of my cards shown on her blog!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Traveling Mama said...

Congrats to you too! Yeah!!

Julia Aston said...

Congratulations on your honorable mention at PTI! Love your great Father's day card - super sentiment!

Courtney Baker said...

Woo hoo! So exciting! You're a star!

Dana Gustafson said...

Congrats on the PTI HM! That is so cool! And speakign of cool, LOVE your corrugated cardboard cut into a label. Very trendy and the perfect fit for a dad's day card. woohooo!

KatieTurtle said...

Yay! How exciting! I love that sentiment.