Monday, June 8, 2009

For the Bride and Groom


One of my friends, Cathy, asked me to make a wedding card for her to give a family member. Of course, I happily agreed to do so! I was honored she would ask me.

I went with the same color scheme that I used to make my cousin's card. I was hoping to make a couple of cards and let Cathy choose the one she liked the best. I was worried I wouldn't get a chance to make more now that Carver is having trouble sleeping so I just went ahead and gave her the one I got finished. Luckily she approved!

Cathy knew that I wouldn't let her pay me for the card so she had picked me up a huge pack of patterned paper at a yard sale over the weekend. Score for her and me! :-) I thought that was very sweet of her but totally unnecessary! I want to make cards to post on my blog so I might as well make them for my friends, right?

Hope you have a great Monday!

Stamp supplies:
Stamps - Fancy Flourishes, Piece of Cake (both PTI)
Paper - Stampers Select White, Black and White Basics pp, True Black, Soft Stone (all PTI)
Ink - True Black, Pure Poppy (both PTI), VersaMark (for embossing)
Ribbon - Fresh Snow (PTI)
Button - True Black (PTI)
Other - Black embossing powder (Hampton Arts), White twine (Joanns), Classic Oval Nestabilities, Big Shot, Clear Rhinestones, SU Dimensionals
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Cute card! I love the black and white.

It was fun getting to hang out for a few minutes last night.

Lynnette said...

This is such a great card. One of my favs of yours!

Scrapping Julie said...

so nice. very classy, just perfect for a wedding!

Carly said...

Kelley this is so elegant! It is simply gorgeous!

KatieTurtle said...

So fun! Can't go wrong with a black and white color scheme!

Christina Smith said...

LOL! I busted out with a laugh when I read your comment. Yes! I would love for you to take care of that business for me! Ha!

Thank you! I needed that laugh tonight!

Kristina said...

Everytime I stop by your blog this card grabs my eye. It's GORGEOUS! I've been eying that set from PTI for a while and just might have to break down and get it. :)