Sunday, June 7, 2009

My First Time


This is the first card that I have made with stitching! It was a lot of fun to do and I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would! Not a whole lot to this card either but I seem to like that. I think I do better with keeping it simple!

Not much to say... as I type, I have left my son on the couch and threatened him with a spanking if he moves! I am typing this at 10:30pm on Saturday night and my son is still awake. We think Carver is having nightmares and none of us are getting any sleep. One of us has been laying with him on the couch since 8pm. I am losing my patience so I decided he could just stay up because I had to walk away for a minute! I thought I would schedule my post for tomorrow and then get everyone to get in 'the big bed'. Looks like Michael and I are going to be getting to bed early!

Speaking of these nightmares... I would appreciate any prayers you would offer up on his behalf! Carver seems to be genuinely frightened and we don't like it. It is hard to see him get so scared. Carver tells us he is having bad dreams when we ask him. He has done a fairly good job of communicating that he is scared and today even said that, during his nap, "they were calling for me" which really freaks me out. I won't share the whole story, as I need to get in bed. I would just appreciate you guys offering up a prayer for our little one!

Stamp supplies:
Stamps - Everyday Word by Ali Edwards (Technique Tuesday)
Paper - Kraft (PTI), Orange Citrus Dot (Bo Bunny)
Ink - Only Orange, Real Red (both SU)
Other - Top Note Die (SU), Big Shot, Felt (Joannes), Flower Layers Die (Sizzix), Bazzil stitching floss, template, and tools, Brad (Basic Grey)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Carly said...

Love the stitching Kelley! Your card has inspired me to give it a try some time too!

Sorry to hear that your son is having nightmares, not fun for anyone. Have you tried introducing a 'safe' toy that has 'special powers' to keep your son safe and protected while he sleeps? I have a friend that does this with her child that has bad nightmares and it has really helped.

My prayers are with you and your family, and that you all get a goodnight sleep soon. Hugs, Carly

Courtney Baker said...

Cute card. I've always loved stitching as well! It's kind of like a retreat.

Sorry about Carver, poor guy. I'll be praying for the little man.

Traveling Mama said...

Yes, I agree! The stitching on the card is super cute!

I can sympathize with the nightmare issue. Hailey went through a phase that lasted almost a year. She didn't have nightmares every night, but she had them several times a week. It got so bad that she would start thinking about the bad dreams during the day and get so freaked out that she would become inconsolable. We thought we were going to have to take her to an exorcist or something! LOL! Seriously, it totally freaked us out and we tried EVERYTHING. We tried being totally sympathetic, we tried being merciless, we tried giving her special animals. ANYTHING to make it stop. I don't know if it was spiritual or if it was her way of coping with the idea of moving overseas (this was when she was 4-5.) We would sit and pray with her and try to keep her in her own bed (which didn't always work.) My husband was so sick of being woken up constantly... weren't we suppose to be past this? Anyways! In the end she stopped having the nightmares when we moved to Morocco and had Parker in her room. In fact, they completely stopped the minute she had someone in the room with her. Hmmm... I hadn't thought of that until just now. When we moved into our new house she asked to have her own room and hasn't had any more problems.
Well, I don't know if that helps much, but I'm praying for your little guy and for you too!
Blessings!
Tina

Vickilyn said...

Kelley -

I am totally loving your creations!! You will definitely see me visit you more often!!

~Vicki