Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 21



This is my first time participating in a Sweet Sunday Challenge. I really like this sketch and will use it again very soon.

I still want to make a few more July 4th cards to send out and I thought I would use this sketch to get another one under my belt.

The details are hard to see in the picture. On the big chipboard heart, I used some distress crackle paint and it looks great. However, after I got everything on the card, I decided to use some crackle accents on the stars in the blocks.... wish I hadn't. It doesn't look terrible, you just really have to look hard to see the crackle effect. They just look shiny!

I also added the little stars in the polka dots after the fact. I started to do the whole card over from scratch, but then I thought, not every card is perfect so why mess up a perfectly good card?!?! All you can do is learn from your mistakes and move on!

Stamp supplies:
Stamps - Star Prints, Polka Dot Basics (both PTI), Studio G
Paper - Kraft, Rustic Cream (both PTI), Creamy Caramel (SU)
Ink - Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, Not Quite Navy (all SU), Chai Tea Dye (PTI)
Other - Marvy Square Punch, Fiskars Star Punch, Cosmo Cricket chipboard button heart, Twine, Tim Holtz Fired Brick Distress Crackle Paint, Ranger Crackle Accents

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carly said...

LOVE IT!! That layout is fabulous! Love what you did with the PTI polka dots!! I just ordered them and can't wait to try something similar out.

Karen Giron said...

I agree, this is a perfectly GREAT card! Love all the stars peeking in the frames. So cute!