Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Exciting Times

I made a couple more 4th of July cards last night. It was nice to get back to stamping!

Michael received a Thank You card a long time ago that I have hung on to. It was shaped like this card and I kept it to use as a template to make my own cards. I like how it has the little flap and then opens up. I finally used it. I have probably been hanging on to it for a year now.

I have had, what to me is, some exciting things going on. First, I left comments on some of the PTI girls blogs the other day. I usually don't comment on their blogs. I think... why do they care what I have to say?!? You know they are like celebrities to me! :-) Well... Niki Estes ended up visiting my blog and left a comment on one of my cards... so exciting!

Then my friend, Courtney, called me on Saturday to tell me where I could meet Jenni Bowlin... so I did!! Thanks Courtney! I bought a few crafty items from her yard sale. Who knew that Jenni Bowlin lives in the same town as Courtney and I? How cool is that?

Today, I was visiting my regular blogs when I found out that I won some crafty goods on the Moxie Fab blog! I NEVER win anything! I feel like I just won the lottery! :-) Ha!!

PS... Courtney, I would link your blog to your name if I knew how to do that. I need you to come over and teach me! :-)

If you want to read Courtney's story of how she met Jenni Bowlin, you can go here...
http://courtbaker.blogspot.com/2009/05/so-get-this.html

Stamp supplies:
Stamps - Polka Dot Basics, Background Basics: Text Style, Let Freedom Ring (all PTI), Scripty Words by Kim Hughes (CHF)
Paper - Stampers Select White, Pure Poppy (both PTI), Not Quite Navy (SU)
Ink - Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy (both SU), Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate for sponging (both PTI)
Other - Sizzix Stars Die, Big Shot, Ribbon from $1 bin at Target, SU Dimensionals
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

YOU WON! Yea! See I told you would eventually!

You link to me by highlighting my name and then there is a little icon that kind of looks like a paperclip to me. When you click that it pops up a box for you to put in the web address. That's it.

Super cute card, and congratulations on winning! I can't wait to see what you got.

Carly said...

Hi Kelley! I saw that you won on Moxie but just thought you knew too! I will totally tell you if I ever see your name again. And WOW! You went to Jenni Bowlin's yard sale - how cool is that! Almost forgot, love your 4th of July card! Very fun! Can't wait to see the others. Have a great Tuesday!

Niki Estes said...

hee hee I'm just a crafter just like you. :) Thank you so much for your sweet words, though. I love your 4th of July card! Love the circle sentiment in the middle of the large star and great design!

Christina Smith said...

You know Courtney!? You live in the same county as her! Whoa, that's awesome! I would love to meet Courtney. She seems like such a fun person. Now I want to meet you too!