Saturday, June 20, 2009

For My Father-in-law


This is the card that I made for my father-in-law, Orbie. I made it several nights ago but am posting it today in hopes that he won't see it before he receives it! That's right... my father-in-law reads my blog. Makes me feel special! :-) We are getting together tonight to celebrate with Michael's family so I am sure I will have another post with pictures later on.

On this card, I used Kraft paper and painted it with my Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint. I love that stuff! I put on a thin layer so the actual crackle is impossible to see in the picture. There is some crackle but not as much as if I would have painted it on thicker. I was scared to paint it on too thick in fear it would warp the paper.

I used some of my Cosmo Cricket Halfway Cafe paper to make the circle background. I used my Bazzill stitching products to stitch around the edges and then I added my Dad star. I have had this star for I don't know how long. A long time... I know that! I have always loved it so I have hung on to it. I love the washers (i think that is what those are...ha) inside the shaker box. I don't know what company made this or I would tell you.

Anywho... simple and easy. I am pretty pleased with this card. I have been pleased with all of my Father's Day card creations this year. Lets hope the recipients are!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: