Sunday, June 14, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #9


I took the time that I should have been napping today (while Carver napped) to make a card for Dawn's latest challenge. I figured I needed to get started on my Father's Day cards and thought that these colors would work for one of them. Nothing real fancy since it is a man card. I wanted to add a little something more to it so I used an SU Mini Library Clip and a punched heart. I wrote "Pa", since that is what I call my grandfather, on the heart. I can remove it and don't know which way I like it. Any comments on which one I should go with?

I added the buttons and then decided that I didn't like them where they were. Unfortunately, when I tried to remove one of the buttons, the paper started to come up with the glue dot so I had to leave them as they were. Oh well! I will know next time to make sure I like the placement before I glue dot them down! :-) I was in a hurry since I wasn't sure how long nap time would be.

Supplies:
Stamps - Faux Ribbon, Polka Dot Basics (both PTI), All Holidays (SU)
Paper - New Leaf, True Black, Vintage Cream (all PTI)
Ink - True Black (PTI)
Other - Nestabilities Labels One, PTI True Black Buttons, SU Mini Library Clip, Heart Punch


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Really cute Kelley. I like that little clip and the stripes with the polka dots!

Carly said...

Great take on the challenge Kelley! I like the heart and clip, I'd vote to leave it.

Traveling Mama said...

Super cute! I'm sure Pa will love it!

Aimes said...

Tee Hee - you make me giggle with your indecisiveness - I'm exactly the same! Only when the paper's torn am I stuck with a decision! I think your cards lovely btw, fab layout and you should definitely keep the 'Pa' heart!
Aimes
x

Bonnie said...

Cute and I totally get it when you talk about "where do I put stuff!!" I can never make a decision ......should the ribbon go here or there, buttons up top or down below.....cardmaking is a stressful job! lol!

Susan said...

Your card looks great just the way it is - love the stripes mixed with the polka dots!

Savitri said...

Great looking card! I love it the way it is. I love the center shape!!

Niki Estes said...

Great father's day card! I love the colors and the stamped cardstocks! Your son is such a cutie!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Super fun layers. Way to rock out this color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Amanda Winkelman said...

Kelley, Super awesome card! I love it just the way it is! I think the "pa" heart adds a real personal touch! I vote to keep it!

Winter said...

Cute card!