Friday, June 5, 2009

For My Friend


Here is the 2nd of the three cards that I made and actually like. This is probably my favorite of the three. I made this for my friend, Kim.

Kim and I have been friends for 6 or 7 years now. We worked together while I was in social work. Kim is a therapist which means she is a great friend to talk to. :-) I am sure some days she feels more like she is my therapist than friend! Kim's son, Jackson, is a year older than my son and they love to play together. Before either of us had kids, we talked on the phone occasionally to keep up with each other. As I recall, she was always the one calling me because I am a horrible friend when it comes to keeping in touch. Anyway... we went several years without seeing each other even though we live 20 minutes apart. After our son's were born, we got even closer and now we see each other on a regular basis. We usually talk at least a couple of times a week... sometimes a couple of times a day. I love my friend, Kim!

Kim and her family are going on vacation next week and I don' t know what I am going to do with myself... going a whole week without at least talking! I am going to miss her and thought I would send her this card so it would be waiting for her when she got home. I just want to let her know that I love her and miss her when she is gone!

Stamp supplies:
Stamps - All Holidays (SU), Polka Dot Basics (PTI)
Paper - Kraft (PTI), Journaling Tag (Jenni Bowlin)
Ink - Dark Chocolate (PTI)
Buttons - Melon Berry (PTI)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Geny said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my baby card, I love this card it is beautiful! {{Hugs}} to you!

Lynnette said...

What a great card! I love the colors and buttons are a wonderful touch.

Christina Smith said...

Kelley, this card is beautiful. I love, love, love the colors together. I'm a lover of orange, so those buttons are so happy and fun looking to me!

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!

Kim J. said...

Love the Aqua, Melon, and Chocolate combo! This is a wonderful card. Now I HAVE to get those PTI buttons. LOL. Thanks for enabling! :) And thanks for the comments on my blog, too!

Kristina said...

I love this card! The colors are absolutely fantastic together! Might need to case this one!