Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hi-ya!


This is the last card that I made the night I was on a card making roll! :-)

I love the gray, white, and melon berry together! I think a lot of the ideas for this card came from other people. I don't remember who because I look at so many cards. I know I got the idea of using the Guidelines cardstock from Dawn McVey. I think I had seen someone use the rhinestones with the big fancy flourish! Anyway...

I wish I hadn't inked the edges but I didn't do a great job of cutting out the top note so I felt I needed to hide it. I also wish that I had embossed the flourish. I craft while my son is asleep and my craft room is right across the hall from his. Carver has had trouble sleeping lately so I hate to use my dryer... it is so loud. I guess that also means I am too lazy to just take it to another room.

Overall, I am still pleased with the card! Simple and didn't take long to make!

Stamp supplies:
Stamps - Handwritten Notes, Fancy Flourishes (both PTI)
Paper - Basic Gray (SU), Melon Berry, Guidelines I (both PTI)
Ink - Basic Gray (SU), Melon Berry (PTI)
Other - Melon Berry button (PTI), Sizzix Top Note Die (SU), Clear Rhinestones
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carly said...

Wow you really were on a card making roll! I am lovin' that flourish image and that color combo really works, I'm going to have to give that one a try!

Christina Smith said...

Oooh, I love the colors on this card!

Yes, I use the Big Shot machine to cut out the flowers for that fabric page.