Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blog Award


I was visiting a new blog friend of mine, Karen, the other day and saw that she has awarded me this wonderful award! I was very excited and honored to receive it! Thank you Karen! I look forward to what will hopefully be a long blog friendship! :)


Here are the Deets of the award:

- Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.

- Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you have newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.


I received my first blog award this month... this is my second. What I realized with my first award was that they are bitter sweet.... especially if you want to give one to all of your blog friends! I am so excited when I receive it but... almost upset when I have to pick who to give it to. If I visit your blog... it is because I enjoy your blog.


Anyway... With the first award, I was only able to give it (according to the 'rules') to 8 people. This award says 15 but I have limited myself to 5.


I am fairly new to the blog world (as far as having my own) so all of the blogs I visit (except for the PTI girls blogs) are still what I consider 'new' to me!


I have found some very new blogs recently but am choosing to give some of the older - new girls some love. :) Does that make sense? I have been visiting these blogs for a little while and thoroughly enjoy every minute that I spend on their blogs!


Kelly Marie - Lawn Fawn Cards

Dana - Paper Daydream

Kristina - Itty Bitty Pieces of Me

Lynnette - Netter's Notables

Stephanie - Papercraftersthoughts


Thanks again Karen! It really does mean a lot to me! :)

7 comments:

Karen said...

I hear ya, Kelley! Picking the blogs & their authors/artists is definitely the most difficult part about blog awards! It has taken me up to a week sometimes to make the decision! Good for you, for making the award work for you. I really enjoy my time here and was really delighted to find you and pass it on to what is definitely, a lovely blog! :>

So sorry you have been having trouble getting to my blog! I hope that's not a universal problem. I've had problems getting to many blogs on the desktop since we upgraded to IE8 (sometimes it lets me in, sometimes it doesn't...what's up with that?!). I haven't upgraded on my laptop yet because of that and have better success (not sure if its an Internet Explorer thing or a Vista vs. XP thing..........hubby's still on XP & I'm on Vista). Let me know if it keeps happening and I'll start asking around with people with different systems, browsers, and platforms to see if I can figure out where the problem is. Since I'm not uber tech saavy, I hope it gets better soon! :> I really enjoy your visits! :>

Ann said...

Congrats on your award! You deserve it! :D

Maile Belles said...

Congrats on the award, you do have "One Lovely Blog"!!!

Lynnette said...

Aww, thank you. You made my day. Congrats on the award and thanks for sharing it with me. I love my blog-friendships and consider myself blessed to have "met" you.

Stephanie said...

Kelley, you are the sweetest!!! I truly enjoying visiting your blog, getting sooooo inspired, and *reading* your posts - it may be quicker to just check out photos, but I love spending the time reading posts, especially yours!! it's amazing at how connected you begin to feel to your BgFs (blogger friends) after such a short amount of time. I look forward to the blogging times ahead :)

thanks for not referring to me as 'old' :) - I got whatcha meant!!

Kristina said...

Kelley, thank you so much! I love visiting your blog everyday... You really have perfected the "clean and simple" look. When I try to do that, my cards look so empty and blah. Your my CAS idol! ;)

I hear ya on meeting new friends in the blog world. I just started my blog back in March and feel like it's just been recently that I've started to really "get to know people (blog-style)." I feel like people truly become friends through our little blog posts and chats at stamp releases. It's such a friendly little community.

~kelly marie~ said...

Oh my goodness, thank you so much!! You are so incredibly sweet! I have absolutely loved discovering your blog and seeing all of your amazing cards. I am truly honored! Thank you again :).