Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Unscripted Sketches 15



I got a new bat punch at Joanns the other day with a 50% off coupon. I thought this sketch would be a good opportunity to use it. I love the sketch but.... not so much the card. It is ok but just not one of my favs. I thought I would post it anyway! Hopefully I can come up with something better with my new bat punch... I am totally into punches these days.

It is hard to see because of the text on the bats, but I added some clear rhinestones for the eyes. I am pretty sure that bats don't have eyes or that they are blind but... they don't have text all over them either so I figured... why not!?!?! :)



Not sure why I am posting this either but I went to throw it away and just couldn't. This is a loved piece of grid paper. I have gone through several of these over the past couple of months but I think this is the most colorful one. I usually end up getting glitter or glue, etc. on it and part with it before it looks this pretty! I think I am going to have a hard time getting rid of it! I know... I have issues! Maybe I can find something creative to do with it!

Hope you are having a great Tuesday!


Supplies:
Stamps - Martha Stewart
Paper - Kraft (PTI), Halloween w/ glitter dots (Heidi Grace), Making Memories Halloween, Tangerine Tango, Summer Sun (both SU)
Ink - Dark Chocolate for edges (PTI), Tangerine Tango (SU)
Other - EK Success Circle and Bat punches, Clear Rhinestones, SU Dimensionals, SU Corner Ticket punch

Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

ooooh SOOOOOO SPOOOOOOOOKY! Totally cool card Kelley AND you and I are so simpatico on the grid paper. I find myself wanting to scrapbook my old sheets....OK, I DIDN'T scrap them but I WANTED too! LOL Good share!

Amanda Winkelman said...

Love the bat card! And the rhinestone eyes are perfect! As for the grid paper...if you can allow yourself to cut it up....I use old tin cans, you know like from beans, soup, etc. to hold my siscors, pens, etc. And I cover them with patterned paper so that they are cute. I also make them for my kids, for their crayons (mandrian orange cans are the perfect height) and pens, siscors, etc. So you could use your pretty grid paper to cover these or something else perhaps.....maybe a compositiion book or a journal? Did any of this make sense? Did I use "etc" enough? Have a great day, Kelley!

Ann said...

That bat punch is too cool, and I love the rhinestone eyes!

Tiffany said...

the card is super cute!! I think you should for sure use the scrap paper on a project!! on a mini album or something!! that would be so cute!

whoistracy said...

What an adorable take on the sketch!! Those bats are so neat.

Moonegirl said...

Love this grid art! You should definitely use it as wrapping paper for a cool gift, or make paper airplanes to hang in a boys room...

Liz said...

Love the bats great card thanks for playing at US

Traveling Mama said...

Cute card and I love the grid art! Very hip!

Alanna said...

I really like this Kelley. I don't think I've ever seen a bat punch. I can't wait to see what else you create with it.

Bamabel said...

Oh wow! I love it!!!! Halloween is one of my fave holidays for making cards! They are always so fun! This is just great! Thanks for joining US this week!

Aymee

Janelle said...

Unscripted Sketches is new to me, Kelley -- thanks for the introduction! I like your card. I like the way the bats are atop the circles (like the moon is behind them) and I like the way they overlap each other and the edges of the card a bit. Beware is a good sentiment -- the more I look at the card the more they look like they're coming to get me! Thanks for sharing your grid paper, too -- I have a few sheets that I'm having trouble parting with, too!

LeAnne said...

Oh, I think these are cute!!!! I love all things Halloween-so they rate high with me! I love your scrap paper too---maybe you can punch something out of it!!! Another "green" card?? Recycled something???

Sarah said...

How cool is this!!!!
I can see the bling eyes and I love them.
Just a great card. I am totally into punches too.
This is brilliant Unscripted Card and I am so glad you played along!

Winter said...

Hey Kelly! I think the grid paper would be great on a layout about you being crafty! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Ha ha, you know I almost took a picture of my grid. I've been using it forever. I mean like 6 months. It's still pretty clean... I'm weird. I would so scrap your sheet. Use it as a background for a page about your crafting. I mean let's be real, it's a part of who you are!

Unknown said...

This is awesome! I love your take on this weeks sketch! Great card! So glad you joined us!

Anonymous said...

wow that card totally rocks.. hey.. why dont you turn your paper into a canvas? it looks like art.. it is art. Or maybe use it as a background for ATC's.. i've done that quite a few times before..

Jenny Bamford-Perkins said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! I think your card is wonderful. Thank you for joining "US" and hope you'll return to inspire us.

I just signed up to follow you and hope you'll follow my blog, and "US".

Until later. Have a great weekend!!

Karen said...

Lovin' your batty card! I have such a love for Halloween paper crafts. I have no idea why, but I am drawn to them! And I LOVE, LOVE your grid paper!! You and I seem to be on the same wavelength here. I posted mine as well, earlier in the month. It was just too pretty to throw into the recycling right away. Now, I'm glad I took a picture......because I dropped a glass of ice water and that colorful grid paper of mine is what saved my daughter's art work and computer!!!!!! I definitely relearned the 'why you're only supposed to keep covered drinks at your creative station' lesson the almost hard way!! Thank goodness everything was saved and okay......except my beautiful grid paper! Thanks for the smile you just put on my face seeing another piece of happy stamped grid paper! :>