Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Going to the Bank

Yesterday, Carver and I were going to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. Wal-Mart is in my hometown (one town away from where we currently live) and when we go there, we always visit my mom at the bank. The ladies at the bank (including my mom of course) always look forward to Carver's visit and are ready with chips, etc to bribe him to do his tricks! :) Anyway... when I told Carver where we were going, I went to my room to get ready. While I was in the bathroom, I heard change jingling around in a jar. This could only mean one thing. When I ran to Carver's room, this is what I found....


Carver had cleared off the top of his bookcase, stood on his chair, stood on his bookcase and got his change jar off of the shelf on the wall. I am telling you... that boy keeps me on my toes all day long!

When I got to him, he was saying "I want my money Mommy"! So... we took his $10 that my grandmother had given him and deposited it in the bank. It doesn't take them long to know what money is. Anytime you get money out of your wallet, he says "My money... I want money" ! I guess he gets that from me! Ha...

Carver has also noticed at the store that there is sometimes a little cup with change (you know... leave a penny... take a penny type thing) and he always asks the cashier if he can have one! :) I have had to tell 2 different cashiers "no thanks" when they try to give him one!

This is Carver saying, "Cheese"!!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

omg this is too funny!!! And so cute!! Mathew loves money too! He has a big "piggy pank" that he puts his "coins" in! He is always trying to scrounge coins off us!! lol!!

Christina Smith said...

How cute! I love the colors in Carver's room!

Lynnette said...

What a doll. Such a cute story. No wonder the cashiers keep offering him money. He's adorable

Shane Woodall said...

WOW! You should get him a membership to a rock climbing gym. Awesome story and photos. I literally laughed out loud when I read this.

Stephanie said...

what a little monkey!! how has he done with his money 'gone'?