Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Butterfly Thanks

Michael had asked me to make several thank you cards for him to send to his camp workers. I finally got finished and here are the first two that I want to share.

I got to use my new SU butterfly die!! I love it!!

I also embossed on the butterflies with my SU texturz plates but you can't see it in the picture. Oh well... just use your imagination! :)
The coloring in the pictures is not the best. When I had a chance to take the pics, it was a little overcast. I tried to fix them as best I could in flickr!


Supplies:
Stamps - Loving Words by Ali Edwards (Technique Tuesday)
Paper - Lovely Lilac, Summer Sun, Barely Banana (all SU)
Ink - Lovely Lilac (SU)
Other - SU Beautiful Butterflies die, Rhinestones, Flourish SU Texturz Plate



Supplies:
Stamps - Loving Words by Ali Edwards (Technique Tuesday)
Paper - Barely Banana, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum (all SU)
Ink - Perfect Plum (SU)
Other - SU Beautiful Butterflies die, Pearls, Small Dots SU Texturz Plate

11 comments:

Ann said...

Hey, you! I just saw these over on SCS--gorgeous stuff! LOVE that purple butterfly! A tip for you: when you post a clean & simple card like this on SCS, put CAS in the keywords...more people will see it that way! ;)

Christina Smith said...

I love the simplicity of these cards. I think I'm going to have to be Copycat Christina again...haha!

Courtney Baker said...

I so need to get the Loving Word stamp set. I just think those sentiments are so cute!

Cute cards Kelley.

Stephanie said...

I love that sentiment script as well! Gotta check those out! Terrific cards - perfect thank you's :)

Kristina said...

These are so simple and fantastic! Love the colors on the second card especially!

Winter said...

Very pretty! I love the clean and simple design! I tried to get that sentiment stamp set awhile back, but it was out, I need to check again! I LOVE it! :)

Jane said...

AWESOME!!

Lynnette said...

So sweet. I too love the sentiment :) Have a wonderful day.

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Kelley! I love that sentiment...so fresh! I have resisted that die, but have seen so many wonderful things with it!
Good luck with Carver--he sounds as if he is testing his boundaries!

Amanda Winkelman said...

Kelley! I LOVE these butterfly cards! They are so beautiful and elegant. If you don't mind, I might have to do something like them for one of my card classes....and of course the honor would go to you, as my inspiration! Only problem is I don't have this die, and for the life of me I don't know why, especially since I am so partial to butterflies! Guess I'm gonna have to order some more stuff!

Alanna said...

Gorgeous cards Kelley. I love the butterflies and the script for the sentiment is fabulous.