Wednesday, July 1, 2009

ESS Sketch #43


This is the first card I have made in a little while without using a tree image. I was having a hard time but it is ok! I have been having trouble coming up with ideas without using a tree so I decided to participate in this sketch challenge and see if I could come up with something.

I wanted to use some Cosmo Cricket paper that I hadn't used yet. I think Cosmo Cricket is officially my favorite! It use to be Basic Grey but I really really really love Cosmo Cricket!!

I have said before that my handwriting is not the best but I decided to try it anyway. Well... the "girl" looks ok but I had also written "welcome" sideways and it ended up crooked and I just didn't like it. So... I had to punch a couple of holes and cover it up with some ribbon!! :-) I won't be doing that again!

Have a great Wednesday!!

Supplies:
no stamps
Paper - Sweet Blush, Spring Moss Bitty Dots (both PTI), Cosmo Cricket Honey Pie collection
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Other - Summer Sunrise Buttons (PTI), American Crafts Rootbeer Float Thickers, Ribbon from stash

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Ann said...

Very cute! I love the ribbon you added! ;)

Traveling Mama said...

You are the absolute sweetest! I didn't realize that your husband is a pastor! That's awesome! You don't even want to see the video I would do of my paper crafting supplies! LOL! Paper supplies trump food ANY day!
BTW- your handwriting is adorable. I have handwriting envy!

Dianne said...

I surely enjoy your daily writings and pictures. I love seeing your cards, too!

Christina Smith said...

I really like your card! It's like...awwww! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! You have perfect writng! Great job on Tracy's sketch challenge...TFS! Tinla

Kristina said...

The handwriting looks great! I have terrible cursive... so that's never going to happen with me. lol

I'm going to have to check out more Cosmo Cricket dp. I'm a My Mind's Eye addict, myself. But I've seen a lot of CC paper laterly that is really great! Oh, and great job for your first non-tree card. :)

anthonette said...

oh wow! how adorable. the button adds a nice touch and what a cute ribbon!

Tracy said...

Are you kidding? This came out GREAT Kelley. I love it. And your handwriting is perfect. I'd have you write out my holiday cards! LOL! I'm so glad you were able to play along with this week's sketch. Your card put a big smile on my face today. And I really needed that!
Hugs,
Tracy

Carol said...

What a SWEET card; great use of the sketch; really like how you used the primary space with those big bold letters!

Armie said...

Hi Kelley,

How did I miss this?? Such a cute one!! Absolutely perfect for a baby!! Great colors!! Fab take on the sketch and hope to see you again next time!! TFS :o)