Saturday, July 4, 2009

Traveler's Inspiration Challenge 1





I love this card!! Whoever gets this card at Christmas will probably wonder why in the world I used these colors for a holiday card.

When I first started working on Tina's challenge, I started with a shoe image. Well... I had a cute idea but not the right stamp. The one shoe stamp that I have is too small and didn't stamp real well. So... the 2nd thing I thought of was the modern/retro (don't really know what you call it) colors that are used in Christmas decor, etc. Now... I love the traditional Christmas colors and I love everything vintage Christmas, but when I walk through stores and see these colors in Christmas trees and on Christmas decor... my heart skips a beat. I love color!

So... thank you Tina for inspiring a Christmas card or two. It feels nice to get started so early!!

If you want to see Tina's post about her first challenge... click here!

Supplies:
Stamps - Holiday Cheer (Lizzie Anne Designs)
Paper - GuideLines I (PTI), Green Galore, Only Orange, Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion (all SU)
Ink - Real Red (SU)
Other - Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch, Clear Rhinestones



Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Winter said...

Great Christmas card! I love the colors and the simple design!

Christina Smith said...

Christmas in July!! Whooohoo!

Randee E said...

So outta the box, totally cool!! love these colors on a Christmas card - who woulda thought ?!!

Ann said...

Kelley, this is SO awesome!!!! Love what you did with this challenge!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh my you need to make a ton more of these. I love it!

Unknown said...

What great colors! I love it!

Traveling Mama said...

I ADORE this!! You SO inspire me! I'm so honored that you played along for our first challenge! I totally agree with Courtney- You should definitely make more of these!
Hugs from Morocco!

KatieTurtle said...

Great colors~ And I love the fact you are getting started on your christmas cards!

Kristina said...

Love this! What a great idea for a non-traditional Christmas card! I love how simple it is... and yet it feels absolutely complete.

~kelly marie~ said...

So cute! I love such a bright and happy Christmas card!