Monday, July 13, 2009

Valentine Rejects





I submitted these Valentines projects to Paper Crafts a while ago. OF COURSE.... they didn't get picked but... it was fun to submit something for the first time! :-) I haven't submitted anything since and probably won't for one reason... if I make anything that I really really like... I can't wait to post it! I have held on to these for a while and just want to get them out of my Picasa. So.... here ya go!

Hope you have a great Monday!

Card supplies:
Stamps - Polka Dot Basics, Heart Prints (PTI)
Paper - Kraft, Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy Bitty Dots (all PTI), Be My Valentine (The Paper Studio)
Ink - Dark Chocolate (PTI)
Other - Classic Hearts Nestabilities, Oval McGill punch, Rustic Jute Twine (PTI)

Jumbo Clothespin supplies:
Bleached Sand Paint (Americana), Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint - Vintage Photo, Kraft cardstock, Be My Valetine (The Paper Studio), Cardboard Packaging, Pure Poppy Bitty Dots paper (PTI), Twine, SU Dimensionals, Sizzix Tipsy Hearts Die, Misc. sentiment

Tag supplies:
Recycled Cardboard Packaging, Sizzix Tipsy Hearts Die, Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint - Vintage Photo, Heart Prints (PTI), Ruby Red Liquid Pearls, Twine

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Winter said...

Very cute projects! I submitted some cards recently too, but they didn't get published. I think I will see if there is another call for the same types of cards, at a different magazine, before I post them. Maybe they will get noticed by someone! :)

Carly said...

Oh I like! So cute! The card with the big heart is too sweet and I love that gift tag!

Christina Smith said...

Kelley, these are really nice! I really like them! They should have been picked. They just don't know what they are missing!

Janelle said...

Boy, that Valentine paper really takes me back. Sad -- I'm old enough that I remember receiving Valentines that looked like that! Good for you for submitting. Don't give up -- you never know when what you sent will be exactly what they're looking for!

Ann said...

These are so sweet! Don't feel bad--I ALWAYS get rejected!

Carlito86 said...

I really love these!!

xx

Lynnette said...

These are so sweet, thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

I love the vintage-look of your FABULOUS project. I've only ever submitted a few things..all of which I've never heard back anything. I guess you have to look at it as you miss 100% of the shots you never try, so just keep on submitting! You definitely have the talent, so it will be no time at all that your projects will be proudly published!!

Kristina said...

These are so fun! I don't think I've ever made a vintage card, and I don't even know where to start to make one! But these are adorable! I just submitted my first cards too, but am struggling with the same problem... It's so hard to keep the cards a secret!!! Good luck to you in your future submitting adventures!