Friday, July 10, 2009

Unscripted Sketches 13


I found a new challenge blog last night and I thought I would participate. I found it on someones blog but can't remember which one! Anyway....

Michael had asked me to make several thank you cards for him to send to his camp leaders. This is one of the two that I have made. I have several more to make. I need to get busy!

These citrus colors are not ones that I would normally go for when making a card but it is summer so... I think it works. I actually saw the flowers that I had gotten a while back and wanted to use those so... I just went from there and found paper, etc.. to go along with them.

I have so much stuff it is a little overwhelming when I go to make a card. I have started just picking one thing that I want to work with and take it from there. It may be a set of patterned paper, a stamp, or an embellishment. I just try not to worry about using 'the perfect' stuff. I end up spending way too much time in the thinking process. I just pick something I want to use and make it work.

I also say a prayer about it! :-) God wants us to pray about everything, right? Nothing is unimportant to God. If it is important to His children, it is important to Him. This is something that I have been trying to work on in my own life. I have started with praying before I make cards. May sound silly to some but when I remember to do this... I am usually pretty happy with the card I have made. Praying for help in making a card, that I am happy with, keeps it fresh on my mind (since I am always thinking about making a card) and helps me to remember to do this in other areas. It is easy to pray about the 'big things' but God wants to be God in the small things too!

Hope you have a great day!

Supplies:
Stamps - Loving Words by Ali Edwards (Technique Tuesday)
Paper - YoYo Yellow (SU), White (PTI), Melon (American Crafts), Berry Sweet DP (K & Co)
Ink - True Black, Chamomile Tea Dye (both PTI)
Other - Flowers (hobby lobby), Clear Rhinestones, Ribbon from stash

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Kelley I love this card. It's really cute.

Ann said...

Sweet card! Happy Friday, friend!

Alanna said...

This is so cute and summery. I love your take on the sketch. And isn't it funny sometimes how it's the embellishments that take the lead and our card focus jumps off from them?

I hope you have a great Friday.

Sarah said...

This card is so bright and summery! I love the flowers they are perfect. I do just the same thing as you..pick something and build a card around it. It is amazing how quickly you gather TONS of stuff.
Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted, I hope you join us again soon!

Christina Smith said...

It's bright and cheerful!!

Winter said...

AMEN! The little stuff is important to Him too, He just wants to hear from us! I love the summery colors! Very cute!

Caryl P said...

I'm so glad you found our sketches, and love the card you created with it this week. Those felt flowers are just perfect. Thanks for being Unscripted and I hope you'll join us again tomorrow!

Dana Gustafson said...

This makes me want lemonade! Love your card and great advice on just picking one thing and going from there. Cute sketch challenge...I'll have to check that out...

April Hall said...

Love the citrus colors used! Thanks for playing!

Jenny said...

Kelley, I love your creation!! The colors are beautiful!! Thanks for finding us, and we hope to see more of your gorgeous work!!

Hugs,
Jenny

Janelle said...

I love the idea of praying before making your cards. I often pray for the people that I'm making them for (if I know at the time who it will be going to), but don't think I've ever prayed specifically for a card I'm making. God does care about every little detail, doesn't he! Cute card, too!

Stephanie said...

these colors are perfect for a summery thank you! love the sentiment as the focus of the card :)