Saturday, July 11, 2009

Train Ride

On Friday, our little family took a train ride to Nashville. Michael really wanted to take Carver on a real train ride so this was a first for Carver... and for me! While we were waiting to get on, I was taking pictures of Michael and Carver and a very nice lady asked if she could take a picture of all of us for me. That was very nice and very much appreciated! However, Carver had to tell the nice woman, in a very not nice way, that she had his mommy's camera!! He cracks me up! So do the faces that he makes!!

As soon as we got on the train, Carver said, "It's going to scare me" and looked at us with his sad face and bottom lip stuck out. Needless to say, the whole way to Nashville, Carver sat in daddy's lap. It didn't help much that we were sitting right under the horn so it was very loud.
Once we got into Nashville, we switched to the middle car of the train. This was MUCH better. You could barely hear the horn. Carver sat by himself the entire trip home and seemed to enjoy the ride a lot more. Carver was even relaxed enough to sit and eat his snacks all the way back home. He wouldn't eat or drink anything on the way to Nashville.



We were on the train for a little over an hour. It was something different to do and we all enjoyed it. It is fun taking your child to do something for the first time. I think we get more excited about it than he does.... at this point in his life anyway! Next time, we will take the train to Nashville and stay a while before coming back home. We were all tired from our pool play earlier in the day plus... my husband had an appointment to go skunk hunting!! :-) Don't ask!! I think he enjoyed that more than he did anything else we had done that day! Ha....
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got some really cute train pictures! That is so fun. Glad Carver involved his trip! Emily Echols

LeAnne said...

Wow, what a nice clean train station!! You're right about it being a bigger deal for you guys than for Carver---but you'll have the pix to "remind" him when he grows a little! The pool pix are so fun---what a cool pool!!! We had to swim in a pond when we were little! LOL! TFS!
LeAnne

Stephanie said...

What a great little trip - I bet Carver will gravitate toward some train toys now...watch out Thomas the Tank Engine :) Love the photo of him looking out the window - super shot!

Winter said...

Great picture! I love the one where your husband is kissing Carver and the one of Carver looking out the window! I just love black and white & sephia tone pictures!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about doing this with Daniel, but I was not too sure on where I would end up in Nashville, sans car, that might be of fun. Our little man has been on a train before, for we took him to the Day Out With Thomas last year and saying he LOVED it is an extreme understatement. I think he will go again this year......