Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Card Patterns 22



I have been having some trouble thinking beyond really simple cards these days so I decided to participate in the latest Card Patterns Sketch Challenge. I wanted to use a big butterfly like the one in the sketch but I didn't have one. However, the day after I made this card, I got my SU order with my butterfly die in it! Oh well... I like the two smaller butterflies just fine.

I thought this would make a cute wedding or anniversary card! I embossed the white strip with small polka dots but you can't see it in the picture. I also used some liquid pearls at the bottom.

I had been wanting to try Dawn McVeys color suggestion... Berry Sorbet and Pure Poppy. I can check that one off my list! :-)

Hope you are having a great Tuesday!

Supplies:
Stamps - Fancy Flourishes (PTI), Everyday Words by Ali Edwards (Technique Tuesday)
Paper - Berry Sorbet, Stampers Select White, Black Bitty Box, Black Bitty Dots, Pure Poppy Bitty Dots (all PTI)
Ink - True Black, Pure Poppy (both PTI)
Other - Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, SU Scallop Edge Punch, Clear Rhinestones, Pewter Liquid Pearls (Ranger), SU Texturz Plate

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Ann said...

Bold colors, butterflies, polka dots, and bling--yeah, I pretty much LOVE this card!!!

Carly said...

Gorgeous!! Such a beautiful and clean design; I love it! I just ordered that Flourish from PTI and can't wait to use it now! Thanks for the inspiration!

whoistracy said...

Kelley I love the pink black & white combo here. So classic and fun!! I love the black grid paper you used, too. So glad you could play along with us.

Winter said...

Very pretty! I love the patterned paper! Great card!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous card! So classy, thanks for playing!

Nancy L. said...

Very pretty, I love it!

yyam said...

This is a lovely card Kelley! Love the colors and that swirl!

Kristina said...

Oh, I love this one! I've been staring at that that set from PTI for a while... someday. I just got my butterfliy die yesterday too! Hooray for new stuff! Can't wait to see what you whip up with them!

Amanda Winkelman said...

Kelley, Super cute card...I love it. In fact, I love all your cards from the past few days. Very simple, very clean, Lovely. They are beautiful. Even though I'm on vacation, I couldn't resist lookin' at what you've been up to. I think the laptop is going to be hidden from me! LOL! In fact I just got a dirty look....oops! I am so jealous....MY stampin up order is sittin' in it's box at my neighbor's house...guess I'll have to wait until Tuesday to play with all my stuff. Hope you have fun with all of yours!!! Have a great week!