Friday, July 17, 2009

Kwerner Color Inspiration #56


Wow... I feel like I haven't done this in forever! All of my posts this week were already scheduled and I haven't made anything all week except for this card! Feels Good!! I have been busy cleaning house, etc. while Carver has been at camp this week. That felt good as well. Just not enough time (or energy) in a day to do it all!

I have looked at these colors for the past two nights just wondering what I could make with them. I really wanted to participate and just try to get with it again! This is what I came up with! I like it pretty well! I didn't have the correct blue color so I had to use something that I had. Also... this ribbon is fabric and it came off of like a package of wash rags from Target. I buy several packs of cheap wash rags every year so Michael can take them on his trips and just throw them away. Anyway... I have a lot of this fabric ribbon and I am so glad to be able to use some of it!! :)

While I was finishing this card, I saw a comment from Carly, congratulating me on my PTI mention. Well.. that was news to me. Of course, I was very excited to see a card of mine on Nichole's blog! You can see her post here! I hope this helps to get my mojo flowing again!

Hope you all are having a wonderful Friday!!

Supplies:
Stamps - Polka Dot Basics, Handwritten Notes (both PTI)
Paper - White, Lemon Tart (both PTI), Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Pacific Point (all SU)
Ink - VersaMark, Pumpkin Pie (SU), Chai Tea Dye (PTI)
Other - Buck Naked Chipboard Star (Cosmo Cricket), Eyelet Border Punch (SU), Clear Emboss Powder (Joann), Red Zing Emboss Powder (American Crafts), Ribbon from stash
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Savitri said...

Very cute!!

Stephanie said...

Yahoo!! That's so awesome about earning honorable mention :) I love that card, and I'm so glad you got recognized for it! I'm sure you're floating on air with excitment - enjoy :)

Love the polka dots on this card - great job on the challenge.

Kristina said...

Oooh! Love it! Especially the polka dots! I've been staring at Kristina's color combo and admit that I'm a little scared and stumped at the moment... that's just too many colors at once for my brain to handle, lol. You rocked them though!

Amanda Winkelman said...

Kelley-
I love this card! I think you did awesome on the color challenge. Glad you got a chance to play! I love the polka dots! So fabulous! I love how you use stars often in your cards. I love stars...have 'em all over my house! I should use them more in cards, I think! I love how you used the fabric ribbon from the wash rags from Target. I feel like I'm always buying them...with the boys, I must go through atleast 3 or 4 of them each day with wipin' down counters and faces...and then they usually end up cleaning up a mess/spill on the floor, so off to the wash they go, and out comes another! CONGRATS on the PTI mention! That's so awesome! I'm going to go over there right now and take a peek! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! And hey, I'm glad you've been able to clean house...doesn't it feel good? I've been doing stamping since I've been back....and my house is a pit. But it's been way too hot to clean, and we don't have AC. Well, that's my excuse anyway....I have been having fun outside with by boys, though, I guess I'll just have to wait to have a clean house until they're out of it! LOL! Sorry about the rambling of my comment!

Christina Smith said...

Kelley, I like your idea for the washcloths! And I really like your card! I'm glad you had a chance to make a card for the challenge!

Traveling Mama said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the PTI mention!!! Woohoo! I loved that card when you first posted it! I love this card too. You rock! Hugs!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your fun polka dot stamped cardstock and big star. Great job with the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Stephanie said...

It was funny about the similarity with our cards - I made mine on Tuesday and couldn't disclose anything until the challenges went up. Ahh...great minds think alike :)

Ann said...

Super cute!

Dana Gustafson said...

Another delicious winner from YOU! I love your layered rainbow o' color and the handwritten stamped happy birthday is the perfect sentiment for this card. Can't believe you scheduled a whole week of cards! ANd so glad you could get your craft on today. Friday is a good day for mojo! :)

Winter said...

Very cute! I love the polka dots! Congrats on the PTI mention! :)

Janelle said...

Great card, Kelley! You made great use of Kristina's colors. I looked at those and thought, "You've gotta be kidding!" You nailed them beautifully! And, way to go with your PTI card! Love that one, too!

Alanna said...

Great job on the color challenge. I also saw your mention on Nichole's blog. I remember seeing that card and thinking, genius. Obviously, Nichole thought so too.

Have a great Saturday.

Nellie Mae said...

Great Job with all the polka dots!